PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play — it’s also the Best Place to Work. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in entertainment producing The PlayStation family of products and services including PlayStation®5, PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Plus, acclaimed PlayStation software titles from PlayStation Studios, and more.
PlayStation also strives to create an inclusive environment that empowers employees and embraces diversity. We welcome and encourage everyone who has a passion and curiosity for innovation, technology, and play to explore our open positions and join our growing global team.
The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
***This position has the flexibility to be fully remote***
Senior Staff Technical Artist, Environment
Sony Bend Studio, renowned creator of Days Gone, Uncharted: Golden Abyss, and Syphon Filter, is seeking outstanding talent to join our passionate and creative family in crafting our next high-profile AAA console title.
We are seeking a Senior Staff Technical Artist who will help drive and contribute to the technical development of AAA products with a specialized focus on developing pipelines, creating art tools and supporting workflows for Environment Art.
- Work with the Environment Art team and other departments to develop, maintain and improve pipelines and tools to increase production efficiency, achieve quality standards and match a defined visual style.
- Create prototypes that demonstrate technical production goals, help define quality standards and encourage technical evolution within the studio.
- Contribute to Environment Art asset production for content that requires Technical Art skill sets.
- Anticipate Environment Art team needs, stay ahead of emerging industry trends, and evaluate competitive products to help identify areas for improvement and innovation.
- 7+ years of production experience in video games.
- Highly proficient in Python.
- Highly proficient in the use of 3D software such as Maya.
- Strong reading and comprehension skills necessary to fully understand complex process description documents, design documents, and task descriptions.
- The ability to communicate effectively one-on-one with all team members and within group settings.
- Strong problem-solving skills with the ability to take complex design documents and create achievable plans for game asset development.
- Able to incorporate feedback and complete tasks quickly.
- Applicants may be required to provide examples of work and/or agree to an art test.
- Some experience with Qt and C++.
- Some experience with Houdini, Substance Designer, Substance Painter and/or other Art production programs built around a Visual Scripting/Programming interface.
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
PlayStation is a Fair Chance employer and qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for employment.