PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play — it’s also the Best Place to Work. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in entertainment producing The PlayStation family of products and services including PlayStation®5, PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Plus, acclaimed PlayStation software titles from PlayStation Studios, and more.
PlayStation also strives to create an inclusive environment that empowers employees and embraces diversity. We welcome and encourage everyone who has a passion and curiosity for innovation, technology, and play to explore our open positions and join our growing global team.
The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Nixxes Software is an industry-leading Dutch company specializing in video game design, development and porting.
Working alongside global partners since 1999, our work is fuelled by a love for gaming and commitment to innovation. Our Utrecht based team prides itself on delivering the best possible experience for every gamer, regardless of platform. In July 2021 Nixxes joined PlayStation Studios to focus on delivering the highest-quality gameplay experiences for PlayStation fans.
For our studio in Utrecht, Netherlands, we’re looking for a highly collaborative, passionate and skilled VFX Artist to support our team in creating AAA experiences for our upcoming projects.
- Responsible for the visual effects in the game
- Collaborate with Art Director to develop visual effects through verbal and written communication, concepts or reference images/videos
- Collaborate with Lighting and Environment Artists to adjust atmospheric effects like fog, smoke and screen effects
Competencies, Skills & Knowledge
- Communicates with directness/candour and is adept at conflict resolution
- High standards of respect and values strong teamwork
- Adapts swimmingly to changing circumstances
- Positive thinker with an ambitious drive towards quality and success
- Strong spatial sense and a strong eye for visual FX that enhance a scene.
- Autodesk Maya and Photoshop experience
Portfolio submissions required for this position. Please focus this portfolio on personal contributions to your projects. Please include a breakdown specifying what you were directly responsible for creating. Considered portfolios should include the following:
- 1 best example of key visual FX where you were the primary contributing artist
- 1-2 best examples of your work (offline renders in addition to in-game screen shots or video)
- Bachelor degree or higher in Game Art or Game Development
- Experience in the game industry or a related industry
- Experience working with AAA engines
- Interest in the technical aspects of AAA game development
- (Native) Dutch speaker
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
PlayStation is a Fair Chance employer and qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for employment.