PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play — it’s also the Best Place to Work. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in entertainment producing The PlayStation family of products and services including PlayStation®5, PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Plus, PlayStation™Now, acclaimed PlayStation software titles from PlayStation Studios, and more.
PlayStation also strives to create an inclusive environment that empowers employees and embraces diversity. We welcome and encourage everyone who has a passion and curiosity for innovation, technology, and play to explore our open positions and join our growing global team.
The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Sony Bend Studio, world-class creator of Days Gone, Uncharted: Golden Abyss, and Syphon Filter, is seeking outstanding talent to join our hardworking and creative family in crafting our next high-profile AAA console title.
Living in Bend, Oregon means saying goodbye to gridlock, concrete, and pollution. Use your Extra Life to shred at Mt. Bachelor, drag a line in the Deschutes River, hike in the wild, or perfect your game. Plug into adventure and community at Bend Studio!
Lead, Environment Art
We are seeking an experienced and passionate Environment Art Lead to contribute to the artistic vision and development of our next AAA product. This is a leadership and management role, focused on team cohesion and career development of environment artists, as well as identifying areas of improvement and serving as a liaison between environment artists and other teams. The ideal candidate will possess the ability to collaborate at a high level with a wide range of development team members outside of your direct discipline.
In this role, you will help build and lead a high performing team of environment artists, creating immersive and emotionally driven environments that meet the highest artistic quality and technical performance standards.
Responsibilities and Functions:
- Lead, mentor and teach other environment artists.
- Oversee and provide recommended solutions to issues related to asset creation, performance, and technical requirements, ensuring game design needs and artistic direction are met.
- Proactively stay up on new software, processes and industry trends and share the knowledge with the team.
- Work closely with tech artists and engineers to create efficient pipelines and workflows to boost the environment team’s productivity and efficiency.
- Conduct regular 1 on 1 meetings and provide feedback and performance reviews to environment artists.
- Maintain awareness of industry trends and techniques, evaluate competitive products, and determine areas we can improve or innovate.
- Communicate effectively and collaborate with the leadership team to develop plans for implementation of new tools or processes.
Requirements & Skills:
- A strong portfolio and work history illustrating experience and proficiency as a leader in the environment art space.
- Expert level understanding of environment art pipelines, and rendering and technical constraints related to environment art.
- Advanced experience with real-time 3D packages and/or proprietary AAA engines and tools.
- Strong communication/listening, interpersonal, and organizational skills.
- Highly motivated and proactive in pursuit of consistent productivity.
- A desire to innovate and to go above and beyond in pursuit of excellence.
- Prior experience hiring and building a team of quality artists is a plus.
- Experience developing proprietary engines, tools and workflows is a plus.
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.