PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play — it’s also the Best Place to Work. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in entertainment producing The PlayStation family of products and services including PlayStation®5, PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Plus, PlayStation™Now, acclaimed PlayStation software titles from PlayStation Studios, and more.
PlayStation also strives to create an inclusive environment that empowers employees and embraces diversity. We welcome and encourage everyone who has a passion and curiosity for innovation, technology, and play to explore our open positions and join our growing global team.
The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
***This position has the flexibility to be fully remote***
Senior Staff Animator (Gameplay)
Sony Bend Studio, world-class creator of Days Gone, Uncharted: Golden Abyss, and Syphon Filter, is seeking outstanding talent to join our hardworking and creative family in crafting our next high-profile AAA console title.
Living in Bend, Oregon means saying goodbye to gridlock, concrete, and pollution. Use your Extra Life to shred at Mt. Bachelor, drag a line in the Deschutes River, hike in the wild, or perfect your game. Plug into adventure and community at Bend Studio!
We’re looking for a Senior Staff Animator to create and implement gameplay animations of the absolute highest quality. If you're creating the most complex, believable, human animations, and want to be part of the development of a AAA title for PS5, then we want you.
- Create high quality gameplay animation utilizing motion capture and key-framing techniques.
- Work with programmers and leads to develop game animation pipelines and processes.
- Collaborate with designers, engineers, and other animators to solve gameplay problems while maintaining artistic vision.
- Maintain the high quality expected of the studio, fostering the same level of quality in the other team members.
- Contribute to the creative process with original ideas and inspiration.
- Address feedback from the leads and directors in a timely manner, communicating time needed and understanding of the feedback given.
- Work with the Project Manager/Coordinator and Leads to understand, plan for, and convey project needs and scope of work.
- Mentor and train other members of the animation team.
- Work with Animation Supervisor to drive initiatives forward, leading small groups as a creative and organizational leader.
- Expert knowledge of Autodesk Maya, and animation and motion capture workflows.
- The ability to communicate effectively one-on-one with all team members and within group settings.
- Excellent time management skills, with the ability to break down tasks and assignments and prioritize them into workable pieces on a daily, weekly, and project length basis.
- Work independently and conscientiously with minimal supervision.
- At least 6 years of game art production or film related experience.
- One or two years of post-high school education or training.
- Passion for games and interest in game design.
- Experience working with a game engine, specifically regarding implementation of animation.
- Experience with Autodesk MotionBuilder
- Leadership experience in game development.
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.