PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play — it’s also the Best Place to Work. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in entertainment producing The PlayStation family of products and services including PlayStation®5, PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Plus, PlayStation™Now, acclaimed PlayStation software titles from PlayStation Studios, and more.
PlayStation also strives to create an inclusive environment that empowers employees and embraces diversity. We welcome and encourage everyone who has a passion and curiosity for innovation, technology, and play to explore our open positions and join our growing global team.
The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Lead Lighting Artist
Sony Bend Studio, renowned creator of Days Gone, Uncharted: Golden Abyss, and Syphon Filter, is seeking outstanding talent to join our passionate and creative family in crafting our next high-profile AAA console title.
We are seeking a Lead Lighting Artist who will work with Creative Director, Art Directors and Leads to create consistent high quality gameplay and cinematic lighting. The Lead Lighting Artist will help set department standards, troubleshoot technical issues and participate in lighting department tool development.
- Lead and drive lighting initiatives within the lighting team and collaborate with other departments to develop and implement high quality and performant content
- Participate in developing standards and techniques for both gameplay and cinematic lighting
- Troubleshoot creative and technical issues related to lighting as they arise
- Develop efficient lighting solutions that fit within the technical constraints of the game
- Follow creative direction to implement lighting that seamlessly bridges between gameplay and cinematics
- Communicate and troubleshoot lighting related issues with other team members
- Establish atmosphere and look for level and sequence lighting
- Fix lighting bugs and implement root cause solutions
- Work with programmers and technical leads to develop lighting specific tools
- Participate in scheduling of lighting department tasks
- Anticipate lighting department needs and develop technical solutions to lighting issues
- Assist with look development
- Propose creative and technical solutions to enhance cinematic and gameplay quality
- Candidate must be driven, possess a strong attention to detail and be able to self direct
- Strong understanding of color, light and composition
- Ability to interpret creative direction and implement creative lighting solutions accordingly
- Minimum 5 years’ experience lighting for AAA games or film
- Real time lighting experience
- Deep technical understanding of computer graphics
- Cinematic lighting experience
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.