SonicWall delivers Boundless Cybersecurity for the hyper-distributed era in a work reality where everyone is remote, mobile and unsecure. SonicWall safeguards organizations mobilizing for their new business normal with seamless protection that stops the most evasive cyberattacks across boundless exposure points and increasingly remote, mobile and cloud-enabled workforces. By knowing the unknown, providing real-time visibility and enabling breakthrough economics, SonicWall closes the cybersecurity business gap for enterprises, governments and SMBs worldwide. For more information, visit www.sonicwall.com or follow us on Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook and Instagram.
Ready to do your part in the cyber arms race? SonicWall offers fun, high-energy work environments at the leading edge of technology, networking and cybersecurity. Whether you’re in sales, marketing, engineering, product management, technical support or finance, you’ll have real opportunities to help protect more than 500,000 organizations across the globe. If you’re ready for a career that can impact change — and not just another job — join one of committed and enthusiastic SonicWall teams in offices around the world.
The Technical Product Manager is a technologist who works as a part of the product management team to drive success of SonicWall Network Security Products. TPM works very closely with a PM leader to drive feature requirements for specific markets.
TPM owns the features strategy and their execution and works closely with engineering team and other stakeholders.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Drive Enterprise and Mid-Market feature strategy. Work with SonicOS and Hardware product management to drive features essential to define SonicWall success in those markets.
• Do in-depth analysis on key feature gaps (SD-WAN, Routing, VPN, URL Protection, DNS Security, Threat, Application protection, Zero-touch access, etc) and define strategy to bridge those gaps.
• Work with field and Engineering teams defining product features, converting into requirements specifications and bringing products and features to market
• Must talk to sales, customers, perform research etc. to drive rock solid feature roadmap.
• Drive competitive strategy to provide inputs to the roadmap to create sustainable competitive advantage.
• Be customer voice to engineering by reviewing demos and high-level design documents to align with the customer use cases.
• Support product launch activities and assist with Tradeshows, Conferences and Technical Sales Training or Channel Partner Training activities
• Support sales and marketing efforts as required.
• Respond to customer or field inquiries, assist with Technical RFPs and work with a cross-functional team of PMs, SEs, Engineers as required.
• Assist with design, deployment and integration guides for products, solutions and reference architectures
• Some travel required to support field and marketing activity.
• In depth understanding of Networking , Next generation Firewalls, SD-WAN, Segmentation/Micro-Segmentation, IPS, Sandboxing, Network Access Control, Secure Web Gateways, Zero Trust Access
• Strong knowledge and working experience with Next-Generation Firewalls, Web and Content filtering appliances, Public and Private cloud platforms (Microsoft Azure, Amazon Web Services, GCP, VMWARE ), IaaS and PaaS
• Working knowledge of container security is a plus.
• Ability to work collaboratively within and across department teams
• A technical expert with ability to influence others
• Ability to learn new technologies quickly
• Ability to work on technical issues where analysis requires an in-depth evaluation
• Must be able to manage multiple priorities and tasks in a dynamic work environment
Required Experience and Skills
• Minimum of 5-6 years’ technical marketing or technical product management experience
• Solid understanding and hands on experience with next-generation firewalls, IPS, Sandboxing, Cloud platforms, Secure Web gateways, Zero- trust access, Network access control
• Extensive customer and field experience are a must.
• Very good written and oral communication skills required.
• Public Cloud Certifications is a plus.
• Bachelor's degree in business, marketing, or engineering preferred.
SonicWall provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.