SonicWall delivers Boundless Cybersecurity for the hyper-distributed era in a work reality where everyone is remote, mobile and unsecure. SonicWall safeguards organizations mobilizing for their new business normal with seamless protection that stops the most evasive cyberattacks across boundless exposure points and increasingly remote, mobile and cloud-enabled workforces. By knowing the unknown, providing real-time visibility and enabling breakthrough economics, SonicWall closes the cybersecurity business gap for enterprises, governments and SMBs worldwide. For more information, visit www.sonicwall.com or follow us on Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook and Instagram.
SonicWall is looking for a Software Engineer excited to work in the Client Security engineering team. The Software Engineer role provides challenging opportunities and ample room for critical thinking. As a successful candidate, you will be responsible for designing, developing and maintaining SonicWall’s award-winning Capture Client advanced endpoint protection platform.
The position will be based out of Taipei, Taiwan. This position reports to the Vice President of Software Engineering in the United States.
• Full-stack development for the Capture Client cloud management platform.
• Maintain quality and ensure responsiveness of cloud applications
• Collaborate with the product team to design, develop, and launch new features
• Collaborate with other engineers on code reviews, test case reviews, and process improvements
• Write functional and design specifications, and work with technical publications team to review and improve public documentation
• Must be a self-starter, constant learner and a team player
- Master's degree in Computer Science or Engineering or related field with +5 years of software development experience, or bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Engineering or related field with +8 years of software development experience
- 2 years of professional experience in AWS
- Experience working closely with DevOps
- Experience with AWS and container and clustering technologies including Docker and Kubernetes
- 2 years of development experience with APIs and RESTful web services using Node.js, Redis, Mongoose, MongoDB
- Solid understanding and implementation of database design, security and data protection
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills including ability to present design and architecture to product team
- Proven experience architecting and implementing scalable and reliable web services
- Comfortable multi-tasking in a fast-paced team environment
- Deep understanding of modern application database design with prior experience optimizing application performance with MongoDB, Redis, Mongoose, and Node.js
- Have AWS certificate is a plus
- Experience in cybersecurity, web application security, or endpoint security is a plus