SonicWall delivers Boundless Cybersecurity for the hyper-distributed era in a work reality where everyone is remote, mobile and unsecure. SonicWall safeguards organizations mobilizing for their new business normal with seamless protection that stops the most evasive cyberattacks across boundless exposure points and increasingly remote, mobile and cloud-enabled workforces. By knowing the unknown, providing real-time visibility and enabling breakthrough economics, SonicWall closes the cybersecurity business gap for enterprises, governments and SMBs worldwide. For more information, visit www.sonicwall.com or follow us on Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook and Instagram.
Ready to do your part in the cyber arms race? SonicWall offers fun, high-energy work environments at the leading edge of technology, networking and cybersecurity. Whether you’re in sales, marketing, engineering, product management, technical support or finance, you’ll have real opportunities to help protect more than 500,000 organizations across the globe. If you’re ready for a career that can impact change — and not just another job — join one of committed and enthusiastic SonicWall teams in offices around the world.
Senior Software Engineer – SonicWall, Bengaluru
SonicWall is looking for a Senior Software Engineer excited to work in the Network Security Manager engineering team. The Senior Software Engineer role provides challenging opportunities and ample room for critical thinking. As a successful candidate, you will be responsible for developing and maintaining SonicWall’s award winning Network Security Manager products.
The position will be based out of Embassy TechVillage, campus in Devarabisanahalli, Bengaluru. This position reports to the Director of Software Engineering.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Be instrumental in the performance of our team to ensure that we meet the global needs of our business while limiting technical debt.
• Help team to deliver technical roadmaps based on high level strategic initiatives
• Not only implement software solutions, but also be a role model to your fellow engineers.
• You will expand your skills in building highly scalable solutions and raising the bar on the overall level of excellence within the team.
• Work within a dynamic development team that is spread across US and Bangalore
• Develop, document, and maintain full stack projects of various scope.
• Participate in code reviews of other developers work and provide technical feedback to QA.
• Embrace change, always open to replacing what you built yesterday with something better today.
• You will make the right judgment calls to deliver features in time, with the highest possible level of quality, in the best interest of the customer.
• Master’s/Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Engineering or related field with 3+ years of software development experience
• Knowledge of object-oriented programming concepts, data structure, algorithms, and system level programming (including multi-threaded programming).
• Language JAVA, Scala and Golang
• Working experience in SQL and NoSQL databases
• Familiarity with RESTful protocols and Web Services.
• Enjoys working with and processing large amounts of data and using Spark
• Expert skills in XML, JSON, and related technologies and protocols
• Familiarity with Agile Software Development Methodologies
• Familiarity with web servers like Tomcat and IDE’s like Eclipse, lntelliJ.
• Familiarity with Source Code Management tools, like GIT, JIRA, Perforce.
• Basic Unix command knowledge.
• A strong drive and passion to learn new software design patterns, tools and technologies
• First class communication skills in written and verbal form
• Critical thinking skills and the ability to produce across your team and beyond
• Prior knowledge and experience building micro-services based platform
• Prior knowledge and experience building Real-time big-data applications
SonicWall provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.