Job Title: Sales Engineer - Network Security
SonicWall delivers Boundless Cybersecurity for the hyper-distributed era in a work reality where everyone is remote, mobile and unsecure. SonicWall safeguards organizations mobilizing for their new business normal with seamless protection that stops the most evasive cyberattacks across boundless exposure points and increasingly remote, mobile and cloud-enabled workforces. By knowing the unknown, providing real-time visibility and enabling breakthrough economics, SonicWall closes the cybersecurity business gap for enterprises, governments and SMBs worldwide. For more information, visit www.sonicwall.com or follow us on Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook and Instagram.
Ready to do your part in the cyber arms race? SonicWall offers fun, high-energy work environments at the leading edge of technology, networking and cybersecurity. Whether you’re in sales, marketing, engineering, product management, technical support or finance, you’ll have real opportunities to help protect more than 500,000 organizations across the globe. If you’re ready for a career that can impact change — and not just another job — join one of committed and enthusiastic SonicWall teams in offices around the world.
1.Become a trusted advisor to our focused partners and customers to understand their business and technical requirements in order to architect a compelling solution and clearly define how SonicWall helps solve specific challenges
- Work closely with sales/channel team in day-to-day engagement with distributors and resellers • Answer product related sales and technical questions in a timely manner • Provide SonicWall solutions to distributors, resellers and customers
- Work closely with Sales, SIs, • Meetings with SIs and customers. • Answer product related sales and technical questions in a timely manner • Propose and present Sonicwall solutions to SIs and customers • Monitor and follow-up at various sales stages to help close deals
- Pre-sales support for SonicWALL products • Security solution selling to prospects and customers • Work with distributors, resellers and SIs in network design, proposal writing, RFP spec-in, , • RFP response • Competitive analysis. Sell against competition (Palo Alto, Juniper, Fortinet, CheckPoint, …) • Manage product evaluations and POC (Proof of Concept) • Follow-up on projects • Prospect and customer visits • Maintain close working relationship with cross functional team, help with feature request and problem escalation • Share experience and contribute among sales engineers within SonicWall
- Assist partner/customer on post-sales support for SonicWALL products • Help distributor/SI with difficult technical problems • Escalate post-sales problems to for bugs and firmware limitations • Follow-up to problem resolution
- Training • SonicWALL product certification training • Product and feature training to SI, distributors and resellers • Attend and conduct Webinar on products to ensure knowledge is up-to-date
- Sales and technical document writing • HOW-TO technical document • Case studies, soft selling articles, press and magazine articles
- Marketing • Actively participate in trade shows, road shows and seminars • Present in forum and seminar
- Tertiary education in engineering, computer science, related disciplines or equivalent.
- 5+ years working experience in IT with minimum 3 years in pre-sales support for large enterprises
- Good command of English, both oral and written
- Multinational company experience preferred but not essential
- Solid TCP/IP protocol suite hands-on experience with router, L2-L7 switches, firewall, VPN, SSL-VPN, wireless, email security and user authentication
- Large scale security project deployment experience
- Good communication and interpersonal skills. Can get along with people with different background
- Able to work at irregular hours and under stress
- Willing to travel
- Possess a positive work attitude, flexible, independent, self-initiated and take ownership of problems
- Strong teamwork skills. Willing to share and contribute.
SonicWall provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.