FEDERAL ACCOUNT MANAGER ROLE:
The Federal Account Manager is a key sales position as SonicWall expands in the enterprise market into the Federal space and will be responsible for driving install base accounts while also working prospects in related key enterprise arenas (Civilian, DoD, Intel, FSIs, etc.). The mission of the Federal Account Manager (FAM) is to drive sales opportunities within their Federal accounts through the channel and end-user sales engagement. The FAM must be the driving force with a solid business development mindset along with possessing entrepreneurial type skills with a relentless passion that will help expand and grow market share in his/her assigned accounts. They will manage key customer activities including forecasting, quota attainment, and sales/opportunity management. Position the SonicWall Federal portfolio and sell end-to-end solutions and articulate our strategies to customers and partner personnel. Develop relationships with partner sales teams and End-Users to obtain and develop leads that foster opportunities. Work closely with your CAM to make sure all partners are updated on SonicWall changes or Federal cert changes within our portfolio. Coordinate regional sales and marketing activities with customers and local partners.
• Prime for driving and coordinating all activity related to their FED Accounts
• Conduct on-going contact, quarterly on-site visits, and annual executive briefings.
• Interface with ‘C’ level executives as well as technical decision makers.
• Position solution offering based upon business needs and threat landscape that is FED approved
• Complete accounts templates and white space analyses on each account and ensure they are kept current.
• Monitor all Service Requests related to the strategic accounts.
• Work with Government agencies within your account set, travel may be required
• Work with Partners to ensure they understand what we can and cannot sell within the Federal space
• Work with and know the FSIs within your space
• Provide on-going SFDC updates on a regular basis (weekly for in-quarter deals).
• Work with End User as well as the Partner they will be using for procurement
• Actively develops solid, qualified and healthy sales pipeline and meet quota expectations
• Maintains strong customer and partner (end-user and partners) relationships
• Ability to listen to customer’s needs and map SonicWall products into the solution
• Identifies creative incentives and opportunities to increase sales, working with our partners and FSIs to “Think outside the box” create plans to be in programs and /or the FSIs own employees
• Serve as a subject matter expert of SonicWall’s products and services
• Work with Dell to create a Global sales force for SonicWall by making sure we are bringing value to them
• 5+ years of enterprise sales (end user and partner) experience
• Existing strong relationships within account set
• Excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills
• Strong attention to detail
• Strong remote-team interpersonal skills, highly motivated, team oriented
• Have thorough knowledge of company products/services/vision.
• Self-starter, detail oriented, independent learner, competitive and driven for success.
• Ability and willingness to travel within account set