Sonic believes in the power of listening to customers and being nice. With an emphasis on customer service, privacy, and uncapped speeds, Sonic offers a fresh and competitive approach to internet, home phone, and TV.
Each career opening at Sonic is an opportunity for personal growth, career development, lasting friendships, and most importantly, making a difference towards one, clear goal: Internet freedom for all.
The Marketing Communications Specialist role is a core component of Sonic’s B2C and B2B member communications, which would be responsible for consistent and engaging email communications, focused on enhancing the customer experience and ensuring the integrity of our member-focused business values. As Sonic’s Marketing Communications Specialist, you would work with various internal departments including Product Management, Systems, Construction, Engineering, Support, and Sales to develop email communications for Sonic’s customers. You will also help optimize our current email platforms, audit business communications, and work closely with Marketing leadership to develop new ways to improve our customer communications and processes. The perfect candidate is a communications expert with a positive attitude, and the ability to think strategically about email marketing, while maintaining current email platforms.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
Full-time (40 hours per week), non-exempt/hourly position.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage and maintain Sonic’s marketing automation platform for maintenance and email campaign implementation, working closely with leadership on email strategy, reporting, and optimizations.
- Work closely with Sonic’s construction and engineering teams to develop thoughtful, customized customer pre-order communications to keep customers engaged and informed.
- Help develop and maintain a content calendar for customer communications.
- Works closely with Sonic’s copywriter to ensure all email copy is consistently updated and with Sonic’s design team to keep visuals fresh.
- Help transform our lead generation email strategy and truly engage with customers throughout their entire customer journey.
- Continually evaluate Sonic’s post sign-up communications, across all Sonic products, prior to installation, to ensure we’re keeping our new members engaged, informed, and excited about Sonic service.
- Develop responsive email templates and customized HTML coding as needed.
- Think differently about how to solve problems and be relentless in finding and implementing solutions
- Monthly reporting on Email Marketing health, focused on growing ARPU, improving customer retention, and utilizing our customer base for brand awareness and company growth.
- 4-5 years of experience in creating, managing, and implementing email marketing
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or related field
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team
- Excellent language and communications skills, both written and verbal
- Respectful of others and willing to learn
- Proactive and positive with strong organizational skills
- Prior experience with marketing automation platforms such as Eloqua, Marketo, and Salesforce
- HTML & CSS familiarity
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level and the climate when in the office is typically moderate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to sit; key/type. The employee is constantly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.