SonderMind is seeking a Director of Business Operations to build a best-in class business operations team and establishes SonderMind as one of the best places to work. The Director of Business Operations will bring analytical rigor, operational capability, and business processes that will enable the growth of the business. This role will report directly to the Chief Financial Officer, and will work cross functionally with the executive team and other SonderMind leaders. You will join a lean team that has been working diligently to develop internal processes and tools to support our growth.
Our Ideal Candidate
As our ideal candidate, you have experience working in a high-growth environment, have built high performing teams, and thrive on supporting others successes. You lead by example, being both a player and a coach. You are able to seamlessly simplify complex issues and develop scalable solutions.
- Collaborate with peers and employees throughout the organization to define our annual plan for business operations and deliver on the stated plan.
- Analyze current operational processes and performance and make improvements.
- Design and implement business and operational systems and processes that support enterprise-wide growth.
- Develop and manage the overall pricing strategy for the company including the initial and go-to-market pricing in launch markets.
- Lead the core functions that empower SonderMinders to do their best work (Business Operations, Pricing, IT, Business Systems, and Real-Estate).
- Within the first 90 days, develop a pricing strategy that results in improved outcomes for clients while increasing profitability of the overall business; iterate on pricing strategy to ensure it is market defining over time.
- Within the first 12 months, build and test a model that demonstrates the impact of improved outcomes on margin.
- Build a world class business operations organization that has outsized company impact. Ensure program goals support the short-term needs of the business while also planning for the long-term growth of the company. Your work will be an accelerator of growth, not a detractor; ultimately driving G&A to <10% of revenue by year 3.
- Bring together peers from across the organization to build out business processes and identify solutions that are durable beyond you and your team. In doing this, your peers will happily participate in the work you lead because it is thoughtful, impactful, and well organized. Your work will contribute to employee satisfaction of company operations being greater than 80%.
- Experience building models (financial and/or pricing models)
- Demonstrated ability to build and lead high-performing teams
- Exceptional analytical skills, and the ability to use data to make decisions; strong knowledge of data analysis and the ability to use metrics to drive business and operational outcomes (and improvements)
- Ability to adapt and adjust quickly: Demonstrated ability to work within and be successful in a high-growth environment; knows what it means to scale teams, people, and organizations while also delivering against stated objectives and goals
- Know-how to make the complex simple: a proven track record of taking complicated problems or complex projects and making them clear and simple
- Cross-functional communication and ways of working: know how to jump in and work well with people across a myriad of functions and levels
Nice to Have
- Industry experience in mental health or healthcare more broadly
- Experience leading one or more of the typical business operations functions (finance, systems, legal, business ops, people, etc.)
- This role is a full-time, exempt position
- Salary range starting at $150,000
- This role will be eligible to participate in the following:
- full employee benefits package
- employee stock option purchase plan
- variable performance-based bonus incentives
Commitment to an Inclusive Workplace
Mental wellness impacts people of every community. At SonderMind, building and supporting a diverse workforce is foundational to our goal to redesign behavioral healthcare to be more approachable and accessible. SonderMind is a committed equal opportunity employer and provides a workplace that will not tolerate discrimination or harassment.
Our employees may be exposed to sensitive personal information throughout their regular duties. For this reason, we maintain exceptionally high expectations of ethical conduct and require all incoming employees to pass a background check.
Our Employee Benefits Philosophy
As a leader in redesigning behavioral health we are walking the walk with our employee benefits package. We focus on meeting SonderMinders wherever they are and supporting them in all facets of their life with both mental and physical aspects in mind. Where most companies say "good enough" we ask ourselves "how can we do better." That includes:
- Therapy coverage benefits to enable our employees to get the care they need
- Employer-paid disability & AD&D to cover life's unexpected - not only that, we cover the difference in salary for up to Eight weeks of short-term disability leave
- Eight weeks of paid parental leave (if the parent also qualifies for STD, this benefit is in addition)
- A generous PTO policy and a company mandate of at MINIMUM three-weeks of PTO a year; flexible work-from-home policy
- A great downtown location and stocked with unlimited drinks and snacks (NOTE: company is fully remote during COVID pandemic)
- A commitment to reward our team members for the long-term success and growth of SonderMind with stock option grants and bonus potential
- Competitive market salary, up-to 4% salary company match on 401K, professional development and advancement opportunities as we rapidly scale, and so much more.