With thousands of beautiful spaces built for travel and life, Sonder is transforming the future of hospitality. Each Sonder is purposefully selected, designed and maintained - customized to reflect the vibe of its neighborhood. Whether your stay is two days, two months or two years, in a studio or a six-bedroom, Sonder ensures a unique, yet consistent experience. And with 24/7 on-demand service, crisp linens, and over 200 other quality standards, we’re taking stay further for guests all around the world.
Sonder started a little over four years ago, and now has thousands of spaces in cities across the globe.
The data science and engineering team at Sonder is looking for exceptional and highly motivated candidates to join the team as data science / machine learning interns for the Spring/Summer of 2019.
You will join a world-class data team, and will collaborate with existing team members to carve out a specific problem and design, build and deploy a production-grade solution by the end of the internship. This is truly a unique opportunity for motivated scientists to hone their skills in a real world setting at a dynamic and fast paced startup.
- Currently pursuing a Master’s degree or PhD in Computer Science, Physics, Engineering, Operations Research or related quantitative field
- Strong programming skills (Python, SQL required)
- Fundamental understanding of machine learning methods and their mathematical foundations
- Prior experience manipulating large data sets
- Prior experience training and deployment machine learning models and using open-source ML libraries
- Prior experience leveraging neural networks and deep learning is a plus
- Excellent organizational and communication skills