CAFE is a Some Spider Studios media venture developed in partnership with former U.S. Attorney Preet Bharara. Through audio, video, text, and live events, CAFE creates and distributes free and paid programming that explores issues at the intersection of law, politics, and justice.
CAFE is seeking a Retention Marketing Manager to create and execute content-driven campaigns to engage and retain subscribers. You will delight our existing community and win back former members. Your collaborative approach to marketing incorporates our editorial calendar and product roadmap.
The right person makes data driven decisions and takes pride in tying together strategic goals with exceptional execution. If you're a deeply analytical, problem solving, podcast listener, then we'd love to meet you.
Understand CAFE digital products and content inside and out, with a focus on communicating the value proposition to our paying members. Specifically, you will manage mid-funnel subscription conversion, engagement and retention:
1. Convert registered users into members
2. Retain existing members
3. Win back members who have churned
- Launch campaigns via email, social and audio channels in particular to reach brand and financial goals.
- Build subscriber segments and user profiles to drive effective marketing.
- Collaborate with content, analytics and engineering to improve onsite member experience.
- Build out subscriber benefits offerings and forge additional partnerships to drive retention.
- Develop clear and insightful reporting; strategically communicate results and recommendations.
- 3+ years of digital experience in digital subscription marketing, with a particular focus on email
- A data-driven approach to building, launching, optimizing, reporting and analyzing marketing campaigns
- Demonstrated interest in podcasting and current events
- Excellent oral and written communication skills across qualitative and quantitative analysis with a particular focus on data driven decision making
- Experience working cross functionally, building consensus and managing time effectively
- Bachelor's degree in business, marketing, statistics
- Most of all: kind, trustworthy, enthusiastic, scrappy