CAFE is a media venture developed in partnership between former U.S. Attorney Preet Bharara and Some Spider Studios. Through audio, video, text, and live events, CAFE’s mission is to better inform and educate the country about the most critical issues of our time by exploring how law and justice intersect with politics, business, technology and ultimately, every aspect of our society.
CAFE is looking for a full time Editorial Producer / Writer to work on a podcast about law, technology, and cybersecurity, as well as other podcasts in development. The ideal candidate will have background and interest in law, policy, technology, and journalism.
This position is based in NYC and requires occasional travel to D.C.
- Work in close collaboration with hosts and executive producer to produce and help develop a weekly long-form podcast focused on cyber, as well as associated written content such as a newsletter and social media content
- Pitch stories, book guests, identify and research key issues for discussion, write questions and scripts, and prep host for taping.
- Work with audio producers to finalize edits and other technical aspects of the shows.
- Think creatively about marketing and promotion both for specific episodes and the podcast overall.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Candidates with at least 2 years of work experience and general understanding of legal and cybersecurity issues are strongly preferred.
- Superior writing and communication skills
- Outstanding sense for production and news
- Professional maturity, independent judgment, ability to think quickly and manage time sensitive deadlines and work simultaneously on multiple projects is required.
Application instructions: Please submit a cover letter, resume, and a short writing sample of 500 words or less.