CAFE is a media venture developed in partnership between former U.S. Attorney Preet Bharara and Some Spider Studios. Through audio, video, text, and live events, CAFE’s mission is to better inform and educate the country about the most critical issues of our time by exploring how law and justice intersect with politics, business, technology and ultimately, every aspect of our society.
CAFE is looking for an experienced Washington D.C.-based audio producer/editor to join the team to produce two new weekly podcasts, from pre-production to recording and editing, mixing and mastering, and distribution.
The producer will work closely with New York-based editorial and production teams. You must be able to attend in-person tapings with hosts in D.C. and work remotely.
Top candidates for this position will have a background in audio, strong writing skills, the ability to turn around edits quickly, and experience with recording and editing conversations.
- Execute all aspects of podcast/audio production: scripting, recording (both in studio and in the field), editing, mixing, mastering, and distribution.
- Collaborate closely with an Editorial Producer counterpart, as well as the Executive Producer and Senior Audio Producer of CAFE, all of whom are based in New York.
- Manage deadlines and episodes in various stages of production.
- Cut tape (digitally) and help shape mixes for publication.
- Maintain and update archive of episodes and audio material.
- Help book guests; plan and execute remote interviews.
- Additional duties as assigned.
Key candidate requirements:
- Minimum 3 years of experience producing, recording, editing, and mixing quality audio content under tight deadlines. Experience producing podcasts is a must!
- Solid understanding of signal flow and digital audio.
- Strong proficiency in audio editing, mastery of Pro Tools, familiarity with iZotope RX 7, FabFilter, and other relevant audio production software.
- Experience with mixing and mastering to a loudness target.
- An eye for detail and a good ear for editing conversations, as well as a strong sense of organization and humor.
- Ability to communicate, collaborate, multitask, and troubleshoot in stressful situations.
- Experience working on news and/or narrative podcasts, and a proven track record of working with journalists/hosts/talent.
- Ability to both take direction and to work independently.
- Knowledge of and interest in current events with an emphasis on national security or cyber is a plus.
- Ability to occasionally travel and work late hours and weekends.
How to apply:
All interested candidates should submit a resume and a cover letter outlining how your skills and experience meet the key candidate requirements. Please also include links to three examples of audio you produced, and describe your role in making them.