Some Spider Studios is a fast-growing media & entertainment company backed by top VCs and serial entrepreneurs Marc Lore and Vinit Bharara. We are currently home to three brands: Scary Mommy (the largest brand online for women with kids), The Dad (the fastest growing new brand for men with kids), and CAFE (led by former U.S. Attorney Preet Bharara, host of chart-topping podcast “Stay Tuned”) - all built for mobile, social and streaming.
Our growing teams are launching new products, and partnerships play a central role. Some Spider is seeking a Partnerships Manager to work closely with internal and external teams to identify and pursue new opportunities. The right person takes pride in tying together strategic goals with exceptional execution – all with a focus on building market-leading brands. If you're excited to learn about podcasting, live event promotion, product manufacturing, video distribution, digital subscriptions and more, then we'd love to meet you.
• Identify and build partnerships to support the creation, distribution and monetization of amazing audio, text and video content
• Support product and strategy involving distribution, live events, consumer products, subscriptions; grow audiences that proudly say, ‘I am a Scary Mommy’ and ‘I joined the Dad Club’ and ‘I contribute to the CAFE community.’
• Maintain up-to-date understanding of audio and video landscapes with a perspective on how Some Spider content can be seen and heard across linear and digital platforms - from television to Snapchat Discover to Apple Podcasts
• Collaborate with colleagues in marketing, production, advertising, production, finance, analytics and beyond to support aggressive creative and revenue goals
• Share pass lessons learned and contribute new ideas to help our brands lead their markets
• 3+ years of relevant work experience, including digital media or management consulting
• Knowledge of and passion for entertainment and news, including latest trends and challenges - from live events to subscriptions to podcasting
• Excellent oral and written communication skills across qualitative and quantitative analysis; equally comfortable with financial models and strategic frameworks
• Experience working cross functionally, building consensus and managing time effectively
• Intellectual curiosity along with eagerness to listen to, learn from and collaborate with colleagues and external partners
• Bachelor's degree in business, marketing, creative, social sciences
• Most of all: kind, trustworthy, enthusiastic, scrappy