JOB TITLE: PRODUCER / WRITER, CAFE
at Some Spider Studios
CAFE is a media venture developed in partnership between former U.S. Attorney Preet Bharara and Some Spider Studios. Through audio, video, text, and live events, CAFE is connecting with people across America and around the world with programming that explores issues around law, politics, and justice.
CAFE is looking for a writer/editorial producer, preferably with background in law or knowledge of legal concepts to work on the CAFE Insider podcast, Stay Tuned with Preet, and other podcasts and documentaries in development.
The producer will also be responsible for writing a daily and/or weekly newsletter. The ideal candidate will have exceptional writing skills and demonstrated interest in law, politics, and national security.
- Work in close collaboration with hosts and executive producer to develop and produce audio and video series.
- Develop and write a daily and/or weekly newsletter.
- Pitch stories, book guests, identify and research key issues for discussion, write questions and scripts, and prep hosts for taping.
- Work with audio producer to finalize edits and other technical aspects of the shows.
- Think creatively about marketing and promotion both for specific episodes and the programs overall.
- Complete additional duties as assigned.
- Candidates with at least 2 years of production or writing work experience.
- Outstanding news judgment, knowledge of current events, ability to tell compelling stories.
- Superior writing and communication skills
Professional maturity, independent judgment and critical thinking ability; the candidate will need to think quickly and manage highly time sensitive deadlines and work simultaneously on multiple projects is required.
Please submit a cover letter, resume, and a short writing sample