Job Description/About the Role:
Some Spider is seeking a Shopping/Affiliate Content Editor to join our SEO Team. The team creates well-researched articles about products for Scary Mommy. These articles are written with the goal of growing organic traffic and generating revenue from sales of recommended products featured in the articles. We cover a full range of product categories appealing to women, including pregnancy essentials, kids gear, beauty, fashion, home, tech, etc.
The ideal candidate will have a mix of editorial, writing, analytical, and strong SEO skills. Candidates should understand how to use tools/softwares to discover high interest products and product categories that readers will love. The selected candidate will work closely with SEO Director in creating evergreen affiliate content strategy with a goal of exponentially growing organic traffic. The candidate will also work closely with the Commerce team to deliver revenue goals.
This role is ideal for anyone who is a detail-oriented editor, persuasive writer, a person who thrives in a fun, fast-paced environment.
- Utilize organic search data to inform content strategy.
- Hire, train, and manage freelance writers to produce commerce content that upholds brand and editorial standards as well as successfully generates revenue from product sales.
- Write evergreen SEO articles for priority product categories.
- Research products across different categories to include in articles, including pregnancy, kids gear, beauty, fashion, home, tech, etc
- Analyze search, traffic and performance results to monitor performance and develop and/or optimize content.
- Work closely with the SEO and Commerce Teams to coordinate content and deliver goals.
- Oversee affiliate content production and day-to-day managerial tasks.
- Recommend and participate in article social distribution strategy including Facebook, Pinterest, and Instagram.
- Lead content strategy for key shopping time frames including Prime Day, Holiday, Mother’s Day, Valentine’s Day, etc.
- 5+ years of relevant professional experience writing in the affiliate and/or SEO space
- Experience writing in the parenting space a plus
- Strong writing/editing skills, attention to detail
- A positive and effective team leader with a proven ability to manage relationships in a professional setting
- Experience managing writers
- Ability to interpret data & apply SEO best practices
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, fun, and entrepreneurial environment
Some Spider Studios is a fast-growing media & entertainment company backed by top VC’s and serial entrepreneurs Marc Lore and Vinit Bharara. Marc and Vinit previously co-founded Diapers.com and sold it to Amazon. Marc more recently founded Jet.com and sold it to Walmart, where he is CEO of Walmart.com.
We’re currently home to three channels: Scary Mommy (largest women with kids brand online), CAFE (led by popular national figure Preet Bharara, host of chart topping pod “Stay Tuned”) and The Dad (fastest growing new brand for men with kids) – all built for mobile, social and streaming.
Fresh off our latest funding round, we are now accelerating hiring and looking for exceptional talent who will join us in our mission to build the very best team and culture on the planet