Creative Strategist, Some Spider Studios (Scary Mommy, The Dad)
Some Spider Studios is looking for a culturally-connected creative strategist, who can translate client objectives, audience data and cultural trends into meaningful insights and creative programs for our partners. This individual will sit on the revenue team, supporting sales in developing and pitching holistic, integrated marketing campaigns to a diverse portfolio of cross-category clients. He/she will report into the Director of Integrated Marketing.
In a startup environment, we like to roll up our sleeves and get things done. We are seeking a self-starter who has a positive attitude, low ego and a willingness to dive right! We value the voices and talents of our team members and are looking for someone who’s ready to share their skills and acquire new ones.
- Support Director of Integrated Marketing to design multi-platform marketing programs rooted in insights and driven by cohesive themes that deliver on the client’s goals, speak natively to our audiences, drive revenue and convert to sales.
- Partner with individual sellers to respond to RFPs and craft proactive pitches. Work to deeply understand prospective client’s needs, category trends, past programs performance, and current opportunities – in order to fashion the most impactful proposals.
- Conduct research and analyze information in order to derive persuasive programs and compelling insights.
- Liaise with creative studio to facilitate concept development and execution of best-in-class, breakthrough integrated marketing programs that deliver on client objectives.
- Develop support materials for the sales team. This includes custom programs pitches, sponsorship packages, and other sales and marketing collateral.
- Coordinate with marketing and sales to address client feedback and/or changes to a marketing proposal/concept.
- Stay abreast of industry, audience and cultural trends in order to deliver the most timely and relevant programs to our sponsor partners.
- Bachelor’s degree with minimum 5 years’ experience in a marketing-related role (creative agency, ad sales, integrated marketing, etc).
- Proficient in Microsoft Office – with an expertise in PowerPoint. An ideal candidate will not just be very comfortable in PowerPoint but will also have a very clear and commanding visual POV.
- An acumen for pitch presentation flow and how best to introduce concepts to clients. Opportunity to support on in-person pitches with clients.
- An understanding of data, how to extract relevant insights using numbers.
- Excellent research skills and a keen ability to derive insights and craft compelling stories.
- A balance of both a creative and highly analytical mind.
- Superior project management skills.
- Expertise and interest in social media and digital platforms.
- Creative writing skills – ability to succinctly and impactfully communicate program goals.
- Excellent verbal presentation abilities.
- Pride in your work as well as ability to take notes and respond to changes with aplomb. This is a low ego high impact environment. We’re all about doing the best work.
- Ability to have both a client-focused mindset and honor the integrity of our brands voice.
- Well-organized, detail-oriented, ability to prioritize and multi-task.
- Graphic design skills are a plus.
Some Spider Studios is a fast-growing media & entertainment company backed by top VC's and serial entrepreneurs Marc Lore and Vinit Bharara. Marc and Vinit previously co-founded Diapers.com and sold it to Amazon. Marc more recently founded Jet.com and sold it to Walmart, where he is CEO of Walmart.com. We're currently home to three channels: Scary Mommy (largest women with kids brand online), CAFE (led by popular national figure Preet Bharara, host of chart topping pod "Stay Tuned") and The Dad (fastest growing new brand for men with kids) – all built for mobile, social and streaming.
Fresh off our latest funding round, we are now accelerating hiring and looking for exceptional talent who will join us on our mission to build the very best team and culture on the planet Let's make some money! Our media brands, Scary Mommy, The Dad and CAFE are on fire with the biggest brands in retail, CPG and essentially every other category looking to work with us on innovative advertising programs.
We have an outstanding team of seasoned next generation sellers that are beating expectations and we want you as an expert in the space to take our partnerships to the next level.