Scripted Comedy Director
Some Spider Studios is a fast-growing media & entertainment company backed by top VC’s and serial entrepreneurs Marc Lore and Vinit Bharara.
We are currently home to three channels: Scary Mommy (largest women with kids brand online); CAFE (led by popular national figure Preet Bharara, host of chart topping pod “Stay Tuned”); and The Dad (fastest growing new brand for men with kids) – all built for mobile, social and streaming.
Fresh off our latest funding round, we are accelerating hiring and looking for exceptional talent who will join us on our mission to build iconic brands that connect with millions every day.
- Direct original comedy series and custom branded content videos.
- Select locations, plan out and create shot lists and shoot schedules
- Oversee (with assistance from support staff) casting, locations and post production on short and long-form video content.
- Ensure client satisfaction while infusing the Scary Mommy voice into branded content.
- Continually push to evolve video content and approach based on data and optimization techniques for social platforms.
- 5 years’ experience directing digital video
- Strong understanding of the pre and post production process
- Experience working with small children and animals a big plus.
- Passion for the Scary Mommy brand and parenting/female-focused content
- Strong comedic timing and impeccable organization skills
- Ability to work under tight timelines and modest budgets and small crews
- Willingness to be a flexible, multi-tasker keen to jump in wherever and whenever needed
Email resumes and a link to three relevant examples of work to: email@example.com