Solstice is an innovation and emerging technology firm that helps Fortune 500 companies seize new opportunities through world-changing digital solutions. As strategists and consultants, we help organizations evolve their digital strategy to solve mission-critical problems. As designers and developers, we build incredible hardware and software solutions that transcend a standalone product and transform an organization’s relationship with its customers.
Solstice is looking to hire an AI+Data Engineer to join our growing capabilities team. If you are innovative, passionate about data and AI technologies, and looks to continually learn and enjoys sharing expertise, read on!
- You have a strong passion for building innovative and intelligent solutions around data
- Experience with designing data models and ETL.
- Experience in working with message queuing, stream processing, and highly scalable big data stores.
- Experience with big data tools like Google BigQuery, Hadoop, Spark, Kafka, Elasticsearch etc.
- Experience with relational SQL and NoSQL databases such as Postgres and Cassandra.
- Experience with data pipeline and workflow management tools (any in particular?)
- Experience with stream-processing systems such as Storm and Spark-Streaming
- Strong background in Python, Java and/or .NET, knowledge with Kotlin and Scala is a huge plus
- Familiar with Microservice design patterns including Serverless and BFF
- Experience designing, building, integrating and testing with RESTful APIs
- Experience in developing and implementing scripts for database maintenance, monitoring, and performance tuning to be applied across the business
- You have the ability to effectively communicate technical topics to product owners, stakeholders and other business team members
- Experience with data visualization and reporting tools like Looker, Tableau or PowerBi
- Experience with cloud technologies such as Google Cloud Platform (GCP) or Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Strong verbal and written communication is a must
- Experience working in an Agile Scrum development environment, or in a consulting capacity is a plus
What You Will be Doing
- Designing, Migrating, Building, and Testing large scale data processing architectures
- Building enterprise applications on the cloud and technologies such as Google Cloud, BigQuery, AutoML, Google Data Studio
- Helping clients implement ways to improve data reliability, efficiency, and quality, and build intelligent solutions leveraging data
- Working with designers to help visualize data to provide insights to end-users
- Performing ad-hoc analyses of data stored in the business’s MySQL/MS SQL databases and writing SQL scripts, stored procedures, functions, and views
- Interfacing with our clients and providing technical recommendations
- Helping evaluate emerging cross-platform frameworks and enterprise application platforms
- Bridging the gap between elegant front end design and existing enterprise back end architectures
- Working with experienced data engineers, data scientists, and data architects to foster your experience and growth
We welcome Solsties to show up as their full selves everyday. Because this is so important to us, Solstice is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.