Solsten is advancing the human experience by empowering companies to build deeply resonating and healthier human-centered digital experiences and products.
At the intersection of play, psychology, and AI, our suite of products (Traits, Navigator, Frequency, and Wavelength) give companies in the Gaming and Healthcare industries the ability to understand and meet their audiences’ experiential expectations at every step of their journey—ushering in a new era of technology that is better for people, and brilliant for businesses.
THE PRODUCT: TRAITS
Traits uses AI and psychological assessment to safely understand your entire live player base on a psychosocial level. Align game teams around a single source of deep human understanding to craft tailored, resonating game experiences that result in better engagement, better retention, and healthier monetization.
As a Sr. Project Manager, you will work with a world-class team of designers, researchers, engineers, and data scientists to help build the Solsten platform and products. You will help orchestrate the work for our core product “Traits” across all functions and teams. You will ensure that our product strategy is directly translated into highly actionable tasks and priorities, and that it is executed effectively and efficiently.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Drive product delivery excellence: Set an example and create opportunities to ship a well-crafted product in a highly iterative delivery approach.
- Help turn product vision into action: Support building a cohesive product development roadmap in line with our company vision and overall platform strategy to provide the best possible experience to our customers and users of Traits.
- Create cross-functional alignment: Collaborate and partner with UX Design and Research, Engineering, and Data Science to ensure that tasks are scoped properly, priorities are clear, and roadblocks in the day-to-day execution of our vision and roadmap are removed.
- Drive operational excellence and quality output: Set up project structure and reporting guidelines to enable a smooth development process with high quality output and within in budget.
- Proactive stakeholder management: Partner with the business areas and key stakeholders to manage expectations of the project outcome as well as to receive buy in for the project implementation
- Prepare production files, documentation, and status reports for the engineering team as well as other functional teams to establish transparent and up-to-date single sources of truth.
- Scope tasks, track progress, measure velocity: Support the product team in creating and scoping highly actionable tasks and tickets, while tracking progress and pacing of our product development sprints. Proactively raise ideas on how to improve both our process and the velocity of sprints.
- Regularly assesses the Solsten experience, collaborating with engineering team to prioritize any critical issues found.
- Bachelor’s degree (master’s degree preferred) in design, human-computer interaction (HCI), computer science, marketing, management or equivalent professional experience.
- 4+ years of experience as a project or product manager in B2B SaaS startups or similar environments.
- Demonstrated experience in and deep understanding of B2B, AI, and SaaS product development best practices (e.g. new product releases, update releases).
- Demonstrated experience in product development of data products; that is products that facilitate an end goal through the collection, management, processing and presentation of large quantities of data.
- Ideally, you worked for game service providers, or other experience management platforms and service providers.
- Passion for user-centered design driven product development with a fascination for understanding human psychology and gaming as it applies to bettering human experience.
- Master of agile product development best practices with deep, direct experience in all skill areas and tools, including facilitation of workshops or other collaboration techniques to drive momentum and credibility within the organization.
- Impact focus and a consistent history of delivering measurable results for both users and the business.
- Ability to think big and small to build incremental features and prototypes in service of a larger vision. You are as comfortable working in paper-prototypes as you are building out scalable features and know when to do which.
- Demonstrated experience working across teams to synthesize feedback and input.
- Highly effective at identifying your stakeholders and communicating to them in a timely, clear, and concise manner, including the CEO and COO.
- A self-motivated team player and ability to work in fast-paced environments with minimal oversight.
- Product sense and craftsmanship. You will drive important product interactions for every Solsten customer, and should show the attention to detail this responsibility deserves.
- Proactive and straightforward, demonstrating excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to respond to unplanned requests, think on your feet, and effectively adjust and reprioritize work as needed.
- A curious and critical thinker, able to articulate complex ideas with humility, professionalism, and a healthy dose of humor.
- Independent, organized yet flexible, and able to prioritize and manage your time effectively without losing sight of the big picture.
HOW YOU STAND OUT
- Competence in basic statistics and data analysis.
- Experience with Jira, design & wireframe tools (e.g. Figma, UXPin), and flowchart tools (e.g. Miro, Lucidchart).
- Exposure to working with products involving machine learning.
- Experience in the field of mobile gaming.
YOUR SOLSTEN EXPERIENCE
At the heart of Solsten is our people. We pride ourselves with the incredible team that makes up the company and are deeply humbled by each one of our employees. We have grown beyond measure and have amassed an incredible team of talented, passionate, and amazing individuals. It is our biggest priority to give all members of Solsten the space and motivation to WANT to journey on this career path with us and continue to be a part of our success. Here are some of the things our current employees appreciate:
- Competitive, location-based salary
- Flexible paid time off (unlimited with a minimum requirement of 25 days off)
- Annual Wellness & Experience bonus
- Home office setup: laptop and necessary peripherals
- A people-first culture with a major emphasis on experience
- A company that is invested in you, your ideas, and your growth
- An opportunity to join a quickly scaling startup
WHERE YOU WILL WORK
Our team is spread out across the world, with hubs in Berlin, Helsinki, New York, and Minneapolis. We believe that having our team close to one another fosters better communication and productivity. This role requires you to be based in Helsinki, Finland, even though there is not yet an office there. Initially, you will be expected to work remotely, with the possibility of moving to a flexible-hybrid working arrangement in the future.
Solsten is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, genetics, disability, or age.