Solsten is advancing the human experience by empowering companies to build deeply resonating and healthier human-centered digital experiences and products.
At the intersection of play, psychology, and AI, our suite of products (Traits, Navigator, Frequency, and Wavelength) give companies in the Gaming and Healthcare industries the ability to understand and meet their audiences’ experiential expectations at every step of their journey—ushering in a new era of technology that is better for people, and brilliant for businesses.
At Solsten, we believe that product design flourishes when UI and UX are distinct roles. It our job as UI Designers to turn UX’s architecture into an intuitive, lovable, and trusted experience. As a Senior UI Designer you will invigorate our UI redesign by leading the build-out of a complex component library. You will also work on a variety of products designing entirely new features. Partnering closely with UX designers, researchers, engineers, data scientists, and product managers, your focuses will be creating a stunning design system and interfaces that make psychological data intuitive and actionable.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Lead the building of a new design system - structure the project, address responsiveness, and design components in a new visual language. Direct other designers to support the project.
- Autonomously work with UX, PM, and Eng partners - Scoping new projects, defining milestones, and aligning with stakeholders throughout projects.
- Partner closely with UX Design partners to ensure your UI solutions are intuitive and effective.
- Take ownership of the Solsten design aesthetic and expand upon it to express the brand and magnify the vision.
- Energize the product and design teams through mentorship, domain expertise, curiosity, feedback, and inspiration - growing Solsten Design’s culture.
- Apply masterful visual craft throughout the product and occasionally supporting internal and marketing design needs.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- 6+ years of experience designing user interfaces.
- Experience creating new component libraries and design systems.
- An excellent portfolio of product UI design work for desktop, mobile, responsive, and SaaS products demonstrating a passion for visual craft.
- Experience improving 3-5 year old SaaS products.
- Experience partnering with engineers to ensure product excellence at launch.
- Fluency articulating and applying visual design principles (color, shape, typography, hierarchy, gestalt, etc).
- Familiarity with accessibility concepts and best practices.
- Expert in Figma and Illustrator. Proficient at prototyping, and motion.
- Bachelor’s degree in design, art, or equivalent professional experience.
- Bonus: Passion for gaming and psychology.
- Bonus: Experience in the gaming industry or SaaS UI.
YOUR SOLSTEN EXPERIENCE
At the heart of Solsten is our people. We pride ourselves with the incredible team that makes up the company and are deeply humbled by each one of our employees. We have grown beyond measure and have amassed an incredible team of talented, passionate, and amazing individuals. It is our biggest priority to give all members of Solsten the space and motivation to WANT to journey on this career path with us and continue to be a part of our success. Here are some of the things our current employees appreciate:
- Competitive, location-based salary
- Flexible paid time off (unlimited with a minimum requirement of 25 days off)
- Annual Wellness & Experience bonus
- 100% employer-paid health benefits for employee and dependent(s)
- Flexible spending accounts for dependent care and healthcare expenses.
- Retirement savings plan
- Home office setup: laptop and necessary peripherals
- A people-first culture with a major emphasis on experience
- A company that is invested in you, your ideas, and your growth
- An opportunity to join a quickly scaling startup
WHERE YOU WILL WORK
Our team is spread out across the world, with hubs in Berlin, Helsinki, New York, and Minneapolis. We believe that having our team close to one another fosters better communication and productivity. While this role may be remote, we prefer to have someone in close proximity to one of our hubs.
Solsten is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, genetics, disability, or age.