Solsten is advancing the human experience by empowering companies to build deeply resonating and healthier human-centered experiences.
At the intersection of play, psychology, and AI, our suite of products (Traits, Navigator, Frequency, and Wavelength) give companies in the Gaming and Healthcare industries the ability to understand and meet their audiences’ experiential expectations at every step of their journey—ushering in a new era of technology that is better for people, and brilliant for businesses.
As our first People Operations Partner, you will be responsible for the most important part of our company - our team - and will set the foundation for our initial phase of scaling the company. We have gone through rapid growth in the last year and will continue the growth into the future. You will play a key role in ensuring that we are optimizing for sustainable people operations as we transition from startup to maturity.
If you want to join a purpose-driven company, thrive on solving challenging problems, are intellectually curious and constantly want to learn as well as grow, enjoy high-performance environments, are highly productive compared to your peers, and are a true team player, then read on and apply - we are looking for you.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Policies and procedures: Own the establishment of standardized operating procedures, centralizing of people processes and policies, identifying opportunities for efficiencies and ensuring scalability.
- People Experience: Create, and cultivate the overall employee experience, lead, and participate in culture initiatives that fosters a respectful and inclusive environment where every employee has the opportunity to learn, grow, and contribute to the company’s success.
- Design and implement organizational measures to scale sustainably over the next few years: Set up processes supporting strong team collaboration for remote work and allowing the company to stay in sync while geographically apart.
- Compliance: Own HR and labor compliance across all countries in Europe that we operate in.
- Own all employee processes from onboarding to exit: Design and roll-out all people processes relevant at each phase of our growth and continuously optimize all processes including people onboarding and structured exit processes.
- Provide great operational team support: Manage people administration, including document creation and management (contracts, reference letters etc.), data management, relocation & visa processes as well as payroll preparation and process checks.
- Manage performance appraisal system that drives team performance: Collaborate with the key stakeholders to establish a performance appraisal system optimized to support our ongoing growth and rewarding amazing work by all people on our team.
- Support continuous internationalization of business: Setup international HR operations and policies and ensure legal compliance with local regulations as well establish required governance structures.
- Point of Contact: Act as the primary escalation point to help solve both day-to-day and more complex operational problems, as well as the primary point person for partnering on projects, initiatives and process design with departments across the company.
- Last but not least - Ensure the well being of the team!
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- You have a Bachelor’s degree (master’s degree preferred) in Psychology or similar field.
- You bring 3+ years of experience as an HR professional in SaaS startups or similar environments.
- You possess an in-depth knowledge of labor law and HR best practices across Europe (Germany and Finland a must).
- Experience administering compensation and benefits programs.
- You always put people first and you build and effectively manage interpersonal relationships at all levels of the company
- You are quick at building trusting and collaborative relationships with your emotional intelligence and love for helping others and for creating outstanding services
- You listen well. You create alignment by default and can drive hard decisions when needed. You push the pace. People love working with you.
YOUR SOLSTEN EXPERIENCE
At the heart of Solsten is our people. We pride ourselves with the incredible team that makes up the company and are deeply humbled by each one of our employees. We have grown beyond measure and have amassed an incredible team of talented, passionate, and amazing individuals. It is our biggest priority to give all members of Solsten the space and motivation to WANT to journey on this career path with us and continue to be a part of our success. Here are some of the things our current employees appreciate:
- Competitive, location-based salary
- Flexible paid time off (unlimited with a minimum requirement of 25 days off)
- Annual Wellness & Experience bonus
- Home office setup: laptop and necessary peripherals
- A people-first culture with a major emphasis on experience
- A company that is invested in you, your ideas, and your growth
- An opportunity to join a quickly scaling startup
WHERE YOU WILL WORK
Our team is spread out across the world, with hubs in Berlin, Helsinki, New York, and Minneapolis. We believe that having our team close to one another fosters better communication and productivity. This role requires you to be based in Berlin, Germany, where you will have an exciting and flexible hybrid working environment. This means that you will have the opportunity to work both remotely and with colleagues in the office, allowing you to create an ideal working schedule and balance.
Solsten is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, genetics, disability, or age.