Solsten is ushering in a new era of experience management by enabling personalization optimized for human potential and health. We enable global leaders and companies of all sizes across the gaming and healthcare industries to create and manage personalized experiences while obtaining a deeper level of audience understanding than ever before through our psychologically-based AI.
Solsten is the empathy engine of digital experiences. We provide our clients with the right insights and tools which empower them - for the first time in the digital age - to truly resonate with their customers and end users. Our Player Research team works to uncover actionable game-related insights for our clients using our platform as their foundation.
As a Player Researcher, you will work as part of a broader UX Research team to address client research requests alongside your fellow Player Researchers while using the Solsten Suite as your research foundation. As a Player Researcher, you will aid in conducting external UX research for our gaming clients across a wide array of genres and as part of a wide range of development stages.
If you want to join a purpose-driven company, thrive on solving challenging problems, are intellectually curious and constantly want to learn as well as grow, enjoy high performance environments, are highly productive compared to your peers and a true team player, then read on and apply - we are looking for you.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Conduct external UX research for gaming clients and analyze data using various methodologies as well as provide recommendations based on findings
- Interface with external gaming teams to present UX research in a digestible manner
- Create actionable insights and game design recommendations based on psychological data and research findings
- Work closely with product teams, both internal and external, to continuously improve the Solsten suite of products and the experiences of our clients
- Understand a broad range of UX research methods and know how to apply them in a fast-paced environment to meet client needs
- Distill large amounts of information and prioritize project tasks across multiple concurrent projects
WHAT YOU HAVE
- Master's Degree or equivalent experience in Human-Computer Interaction, Game Studies, Cognitive Psychology, Anthropology, Human Factors or another relevant field
- 2+ years of applied experience conducting Games User Research while utilizing a wide variety of research methods and tools
- Ideally, experience working at a game development studio
- Ideally, experience working with SaaS products as a client
- Strong command of UX Research, both in the games industry as well as beyond it
- Demonstrated proficiency in both qualitative and quantitative research methodologies such as ethnographic fieldwork, contextual inquiry, usability research, surveys, and A/B Testing, etc...
- Ideally, experience with qualitative analysis software
- Demonstrated experience translating research findings into actionable insights used by a game development team
- Passion for creating human-centered experiences, alongside a strong work ethic and excellent collaboration skills
- Fluency in the English language
- Ideally, fluency in at least one language other than English
- A strong opinion on the best note-taking tool and why it is pen and paper
WHAT WE OFFER
You will join an international and dedicated team in a growing company, with plenty of opportunities for impact and personal growth. This role is a remote role. As a team, we are working from Berlin in Germany, Los Angeles and Minneapolis in the US, and even Taipei in Taiwan! We enjoy working together and value respect, honesty, and openness. Some of the immediate benefits of working at Solsten are:
- Top of market compensation
- Flexible work-schedule
- State of the art equipment, work station, and research peripherals
- Learning budget & access to curated means of personal development
- Support with relocation & visa application, where applicable
- Flexible work-from-home policy
We are actively hiring despite the pandemic, and we have adapted our processes accordingly. Our team is working in a remote-first fashion, and all interviews will be conducted remotely by default.
Solsten is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, genetics, disability nor age.