Solsten is ushering in a new era of experience management by enabling personalization optimized for human potential and health. We enable global leaders and companies of all sizes across the gaming and healthcare industries to create and manage personalized experiences while obtaining a deeper level of audience understanding than ever before through our psychologically-based AI.
Solsten is the empathy engine of digital experiences. We provide our clients with the right insights and tools which empower them - for the first time in the digital age - to truly resonate with their customers and end users. As our Head of Product, you will work within a world-class team of designers, researchers, engineers as well as data scientists to build the Solsten platform and products. You will orchestrate and drive product development for our largest products Traits and Navigator across all functions and teams. You will ensure that our product strategy is directly translated into highly actionable tasks as well as priorities, and that it is executed effectively and efficiently.
If you want to join a purpose-driven company, thrive on solving challenging problems, are intellectually curious and constantly want to learn as well as grow, enjoy high performance environments, are highly productive compared to your peers and a true team player, then read on and apply - we’re looking for people like you.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Drive product delivery excellence: Set an example and create opportunities to ship a well-crafted product in a highly iterative delivery approach.
- Help turn product vision into action: Support building a cohesive product development roadmap in line with our company vision and overall platform strategy to provide the best possible experience to our customers and users of Traits and Navigator.
- Create cross-functional alignment: Collaborate and partner with UX Design and Research, Engineering, and Data Science to ensure that tasks are scoped properly, priorities are clear, and roadblocks in the day-to-day execution of our vision and roadmap are removed.
- Deeply understand user behavior, business needs, and market forces to determine optimal products, features, and solutions: By partnering with our UX team, you are able to operate at a fast pace with an intense focus on customer value, adoption, engagement, retention, as well as overall user satisfaction and delight.
- Prepare production files, documentation, and status reports for the engineering team as well as other functional teams to establish transparent and up-to-date single sources of truth.
- Scope tasks, track progress, measure velocity: Support the product team in creating and scoping highly actionable tasks and tickets, while tracking progress and pacing of our product development sprints. Proactively raise ideas on how to improve both our process and the velocity of sprints.
- Regularly assesses the Solsten experience, collaborating with engineering team to prioritize any critical issues found.
- Bachelor’s degree (master’s degree preferred) in design, human-computer interaction (HCI), computer science, marketing, management or equivalent professional experience.
- 5+ years of experience as a product manager in B2B SaaS startups or similar environments as well as experience in gaming.
- Demonstrated experience in and deep understanding of B2B, AI, and SaaS product development best practices.
- Ideally, you worked for game service providers, or other experience management platforms and service providers.
- Passion for user-centered design driven product development with a fascination for understanding human psychology and gaming as it applies to bettering human experience.
- Master of agile product development best practices with deep, direct experience in all skill areas and tools, including facilitation of workshops or other collaboration techniques to drive momentum and credibility within the organization.
- Impact focus and a consistent history of delivering measurable results for both users and the business.
- Ability to think big and small to build incremental features and prototypes in service of a larger vision. You are as comfortable working in paper-prototypes as you are building out scalable features and know when to do which.
- Demonstrated experience working across teams to synthesize feedback and input.
- Highly effective at identifying your stakeholders and communicating to them in a timely, clear, and concise manner, including the CEO and COO.
- A self-motivated team player and ability to work in fast-paced environments with minimal oversight.
- Product sense and craftsmanship. You will drive important product interactions for every Solsten customer, and should show the attention to detail this responsibility deserves.
- You listen well. You create alignment by default and can drive hard decisions when needed. You push the pace. You take blame and pass on praise. People love working with you.
- Proactive and straightforward, demonstrating excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to respond to unplanned requests, think on your feet, and effectively adjust and reprioritize work as needed.
- A curious and critical thinker, able to articulate complex ideas with humility, professionalism, and a healthy dose of humor.
- Independent, organized yet flexible, and able to prioritize and manage your time effectively without losing sight of the big picture.
- You bring a relentless desire for innovation, balanced with business needs, and customer expectations.
- A team player, open to criticism from all disciplines, and seeking feedback while constantly choosing growth over being right.
WHAT WE OFFER
You will join an international and dedicated team in a growing company, with plenty of opportunities for impact and personal growth. We are working from Berlin in Germany, Los Angeles and Minneapolis in the US, and even Taipei in Taiwan! We enjoy working together and value respect, honesty, and openness. Some of the immediate benefits of working at Solsten are:
- Top of market compensation
- Flexible work-schedule
- State of the art equipment and work station
- Learning budget & access to curated means of personal development
- Support with relocation & visa application
- Flexible work-from-home policy
We are open to start working together remotely but this role is expected to be located in Minneapolis, Minnesota, or Berlin, Germany, in the mid-term.
We are actively hiring despite the pandemic, and we have adapted our processes accordingly. Our team is working in a remote-first fashion, and all interviews will be conducted remotely by default.
Solsten is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, genetics, disability nor age.