Solsten is ushering in a new era of experience management by enabling personalization optimized for human potential and health. We enable global leaders and companies of all sizes across the gaming and healthcare industries to create and manage personalized experiences while obtaining a deeper level of audience understanding than ever before through our psychologically-based AI.
Solsten is the empathy engine of digital experiences. We provide our clients with the right insights and tools which empower them - for the first time in the digital age - to truly resonate with their customers and end users. Our experience team is responsible for creating the platform that empowers this next generation of digital resonance. As a part of this team, you will work within a world-class team of designers as well as with product managers, engineers, researchers, and data scientists to build the Solsten’s platform and products. As a Senior UI / Visual Designer you will create stunning experiences our customers will simply love to interact with every single day.
If you want to join a purpose-driven company, thrive on solving challenging problems, are intellectually curious and constantly want to learn as well as grow, enjoy high performance environments, are highly productive compared to your peers and a true team player, then read on and apply - we’re looking for people like you.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Work closely with key stakeholders, including product management, UX, engineers, and data science to build a consistent UI across the entire customer journey.
- Understand, own, and expand upon the Solsten design aesthetic and UI, connecting the overall look and feel to the Solsten brand and vision while working closely with UX.
- Work with UX to ensure all interactions are intuitive and easy for customers, deliver appropriate prototypes for research, improve feature design concepts through visual communication, and develop new paradigms to communicate how AI-based features behave.
- Build and support a unified design, interaction, and component library that's highly accessible, easy to use, and streamlines development process for Frontend.
- Work with other designers to raise the quality bar and contribute to the expansion and evolution of our design language system including all components, styles, and interactions.
- Build and document design and brand guidelines while actively sharing knowledge on how to utilize the design system.
- Help shape the design culture at Solsten that will ultimately define every interaction customers have with our products.
- Not afraid to get hands dirty and support graphic design or marketing work if needed.
- A passion for Solsten, its products, and its customers is a must.
- Bachelor’s degree in design, graphic design, art, or equivalent professional experience
- 5+ years of experience as a UI, visual, or product designer
- An excellent online portfolio showcasing UI, visual, and product design work for desktop applications, SaaS, mobile, web, and various graphic design projects.
- Passion for user-centered design with a keen curiosity for understanding how to visual and make psychological insights, data visualizations, and recommendations highly accessible, engaging, and immediately actionable.
- Highly skilled in Figma, ideally, Sketch, Photoshop, Illustrator and other design tools as well.
- Fluency in visual design principles at both a conceptual level and a practical level. Based on your experience or training, you can meaningfully discuss, evolve, and share your understanding of ideas like color, shape, space, type, balance, visual hierarchy, and form as well as bring meaning to them.
- You are typically able to complete 3x the work at an incredibly high quality level compared to peers.
- Understand costs and benefits of UI types and trends and how they relate to HCI as well as accessibility best practices.
- Ability to respond to unplanned requests and provide design solutions in a rapid-paced environment while still maintaining quality with rigorous prioritization.
- A curious and critical thinker, able to articulate complex design ideas with humility, professionalism, and a healthy dose of humor
- Good listener, coach, and is a highly coachable person who can build consensus among a diverse group of stakeholders. You know when to ask questions, which questions to ask, and how to listen with intent to learn.
- A team player, open to critiques from all disciplines, and seeks feedback while constantly choosing growth over being right.
- Experience and examples creating SaaS environments, websites, interactive spaces, or apps without supervision, can show deep understanding of B2B, AI, and SaaS product best design practices.
- Attention to detail as well as an eye for optimal aesthetics and visual balance in every aspect of your work - loves a perfectly polished product.
- Ideally, prior work experience for game service providers, customer-centered B2B platforms, or other experience management platforms and service providers.
- Ideally, experience in designing iOS app experiences from start to finish as a product designer with familiarity of iOS development.
WHAT WE OFFER
You will join an international and dedicated team in a growing company, with plenty of opportunities for impact and personal growth. We are working from Berlin in Germany, Los Angeles and Minneapolis in the US, and even Taipei in Taiwan! We enjoy working together and value respect, honesty, and openness. Some of the immediate benefits of working at Solsten are:
- Top of market compensation
- Flexible work-schedule
- State of the art equipment and work station
- Learning budget & access to curated means of personal development
- Support with relocation & visa application
- Flexible work-from-home policy
We are actively hiring despite the pandemic, and we have adapted our processes accordingly. Our team is working in a remote-first fashion, and all interviews will be conducted remotely by default.
Solsten is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, genetics, disability nor age.