Solsten is ushering in a new era of experience management by enabling personalization optimized for human potential and health. We enable global leaders and companies of all sizes across the gaming and healthcare industries to create and manage personalized experiences while obtaining a deeper level of audience understanding than ever before through our psychologically-based AI.
Solsten is the empathy engine of digital experiences. We provide our clients with the right insights and tools which empower them - for the first time in the digital age - to truly resonate with their customers and end users. Our engineering team is responsible for creating the platform that empowers this next generation of digital resonance. As a part of this team, you will work within a world-class team of engineers as well as with data scientists and UX designers to build and maintain the Solsten’s platform and products. As a Senior QA Engineer (Automation), you will ensure that our customers receive a flawless experience.
If you want to join a purpose-driven company, thrive on solving challenging problems, are intellectually curious and constantly want to learn as well as grow, enjoy high performance environments, are highly productive compared to your peers and a true team player, then read on and apply - we’re looking for people like you.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Develop techniques to automate manual testing (using technologies such as cypress.io or similar)
- Design documentation for automated processes
- Meeting with the software/product designers to determine quality assurance parameters
- Implementing testing procedures and overseeing the QA process
- Drive the company's efforts in improving test coverage, release velocity, and production health
- Investigate, report, and verify bugs in a timely manner, providing visibility of test coverage and execution rates
- Design and implement new strategies for assessing quality of results
- Work in an Agile environment and collaborate with other teams
- 4+ years of experience in a software development in a quality assurance role
- Deep knowledge of testing methodologies, including writing test plans, creating test cases, and debugging
- Proven track record of leveraging modern Cloud infrastructure (GCP is a plus)
- Demonstrated experience with continuous integration / build management tools
- Experience working in Agile/Scrum environments
- A portfolio of activities / a side project that showcases your intellectual curiosity
- Experience with A/B Testing
- Familiarity with GCP and its services, such as GKE, BigQuery, Cloud Storage
- Exposure to source control, build and release processes, as well as continuous integration and delivery
- Demonstrated ability to build, lead, and scale QA teams in a fast-paced, startup environment
- Ideally, familiarity with (mobile) gaming frameworks such as Unity, Unreal Engine, Marmalade SDK, GameMaker Studio, SpriteKit, CryEngine
- Ideally, familiarity with and interest in psychometric data
WHAT WE OFFER
You will join an international and dedicated team in a growing company, with plenty of opportunities for impact and personal growth. We are working from Berlin in Germany, Los Angeles and Minneapolis in the US, and even Taipei in Taiwan! We enjoy working together and value respect, honesty, and openness. Some of the immediate benefits of working at Solsten are:
- Top of market compensation
- Flexible work-schedule
- State of the art equipment and work station
- Learning budget & access to curated means of personal development
- Support with relocation & visa application
- Flexible work-from-home policy
We are actively hiring despite the pandemic, and we have adapted our processes accordingly. Our team is working in a remote-first fashion, and all interviews will be conducted remotely by default.
Solsten is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, genetics, disability nor age.