Solsten is ushering in a new era of experience management by enabling personalization optimized for human potential and health. We enable global leaders and companies of all sizes across the gaming and healthcare industries to create and manage personalized experiences while obtaining a deeper level of audience understanding than ever before through our psychologically-based AI.
Solsten is the empathy engine of digital experiences. We provide our clients with the right insights and tools which empower them - for the first time in the digital age - to truly resonate with their customers and end users. Our engineering team is responsible for creating the platform that empowers this next generation of digital resonance. As a part of this team, you will work within a world-class team of engineers as well as with data scientists and UX designers to build the Solsten platform and products. As a Senior Backend Engineer, you will bring your own technical expertise, help design new services as well as improve current ones, and carry projects from initial requirements, implementation, up to production.
If you want to join a purpose-driven company, thrive on solving challenging problems, are intellectually curious and constantly want to learn as well as grow, enjoy high performance environments, are highly productive compared to your peers and a true team player, then read on and apply - we are looking for you.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Design software architecture based on business requirements, strategy, and priorities
- Design and implementation of Microservices in Go
- Write reusable, testable, and efficient code
- Implementation of security and data protection systems
- Write highly scalable, high volume services
- Create optimized database schemas
- Advise and implement best practices in multiple technical domains
- Proactively seek and realize new value-add opportunities for customers
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject
- 7+ years of practical backend development
- Demonstrated experience with building Microservices in GO as well as high load production systems based on microservice architecture
- Very knowledgeable about distributed systems and technologies (gRPC, Kafka, NoSQL, SQL, Redis, ...)
- Hands-on experience with leading commercial Cloud platforms, preferably GCP
- Sound understanding of Software Development Life Cycle
- Experience working in Agile/Scrum environments
- Detail-oriented, with excellent analytical, technical and problem-solving skills
- A portfolio of activities / a side project that showcases your intellectual curiosity
HOW YOU STAND OUT
- Hands-on experience with Kubernetes
- gRPC / Protobuf experience
- DevOps and application deployment skills
- Python is a plus
- Experience with message brokers
- Good ability to derive and design technical specifications from general product requirements
- Experience building personalization or recommendation engines
- Familiarity with and interest in psychometric data
WHAT WE OFFER
You will join an international and dedicated team in a growing company, with plenty of opportunities for impact and personal growth. We are working from Berlin in Germany, Los Angeles and Minneapolis in the US, and even Taipei in Taiwan! We enjoy working together and value respect, honesty, and openness. Some of the immediate benefits of working at Solsten are:
- Top of market compensation
- Flexible work-schedule
- State of the art equipment and work station
- Learning budget & access to curated means of personal development
- Support with relocation & visa application
- Flexible work-from-home policy
We are actively hiring despite the pandemic, and we have adapted our processes accordingly. Our team is working in a remote-first fashion, and all interviews will be conducted remotely by default.
Solsten is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, genetics, disability nor age.