Solo.io is a startup in Cambridge, Massachusetts focused on creating software to help simplify the journey to adopting and scaling cloud-native applications. We specialize in Envoy Proxy, Istio, Kubernetes, Service Mesh, and ways to make those technologies easier to use and help large distributed applications scale.
What you'll love about Solo
At Solo, our culture is all about hiring great talent, creating a fun and fast-paced work environment. We take pride at enabling our teams to work directly with our customers to successfully build products that solve real challenges. Each of our employees have real, meaningful and visible impact in our success.
As a technical support professional, you will be at the forefront of helping our customers on their digital transformation journey, using the leading cloud native technologies. Both our business and our customers are growing fast, and they want to work with companies that are creative, innovative and deliver results. Our unique engagement model enables our customers to be successful quickly, with long-lasting results.
About the Job
We are looking for customer-centric technologists with a passion to help companies learn, adopt, and scale their applications with the Solo.io product portfolio.
The main role is to work with our customers closely to debug production and adoption issues and help them be successful with our product(s). Our ideal candidate would have a knack for troubleshooting and solving complex problems, and combine technical knowledge with exceptional communications skills to provide both internal and external guidance. If you enjoy supporting customers throughout the lifecycle and helping them successfully deploy complex cloud environments, then Solo.io is the place for you. We are looking for engineers and technicians who are excited about cloud native, distributed systems technology and want to educate and act as SME.
If you’ve got a passion for cloud native technology, a desire to help others, and are interested in expanding your impact, we want to talk to you. This role is highly specialized customer support in a fast-growing technology startup.
- Provide daily technical expert support to existing customers
- Develop strong relationships with customers, field engineering and product teams
- As needed, proactively guide customers through their architectural and product setup and decisions
- Troubleshoot, debug and solve complex situations working together with SW Developers and Field Engineering
- Ideally, contribute to Solo.io projects by submitting issues, pull requests and documentation
- Self-starter on staying current with fast-moving additions to Solo.io products and related technologies
- Manage stressful situations with calm professionalism, empathy, and compassion such as support production outage
- Actively engage with the Solo.io community and related open source projects to foster adoption and grow external contributions
- 5+ years debugging, networking, cloud tooling and system administration experience
- 2+ years of hands-on experience with Kubernetes
- 2+ years of programming experience; preferred languages: Go, C++, Java, Node.js is highly desirable but not required
- [Desired] 2+ years of hands-on in Java ecosystem: Java EE/Spring Boot, Maven/Gradle
- Ability to dig into code to troubleshoot and debug
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
Solo embraces diversity and equal opportunity for all.