Solo.io is a startup in Cambridge, Massachusetts focused on creating software to help simplify the journey to adopting and scaling cloud-native applications. We specialize in Envoy Proxy, Istio, Kubernetes, Service Mesh, and ways to make those technologies easier to use and help large distributed applications scale.
What you'll love about Solo
At Solo, our culture is all about hiring great talent, creating a fun and fast-paced work environment. We take pride at enabling our teams to work directly with our customers to successfully build products that solve real challenges. Each of our employees have real, meaningful and visible impact in our success.
As an engineering professional, you will be at the forefront of helping our customers on their digital transformation journey, using the leading cloud native technologies. Both our business and our customers are growing fast, and they want to work with companies that are creative, innovative and deliver results. Our unique selling model enables our customers to engage and be successful quickly, with long-lasting results.
About the Job
You will be working with industry leaders in the cloud devops space building solutions to simplify the journey and adoption of cloud native applications.
- Work with the latest cloud and container technologies like Kubernetes, Envoy, Istio and more.
- Utilize customer feedback in order to promote adoption and simplify usability of complex technology.
- Work with, and growing, your stature in the open source community.
What You’ll be Doing
We are looking for individuals who are self driven, have a high capacity for growth and are eager to learn and make an impact in the cloud infrastructure space. Prior experience in this space is not a hard requirement, but a passions for learning is.
What You Bring to the Table
Our ideal candidate:
- Is passionate about distributed systems, APIs, cloud computing and scalability.
- 5+ years of experience as a software engineer
- Experienced in building server side software in production and recognizes the challenges, complexities and tradeoffs to be made when building and deploying new systems to production.
- Is a team player. Collaborates with the team to build, review and help design high quality code, while also demonstrating a high degree of ownership and autonomy.
- Is passionate about working with new technology to help modernize customer’s infrastructure while simplifying its adoption.
- Is thoughtful about user experience.
- Has high desire to contribute to team and company success.
- Familiarity with Kubernetes, Docker, Envoy, Istio
Location: US Remote
Solo embraces diversity and equal opportunity for all.