Solid Power is seeking a Warehouse Coordinator to join our talented team of engineers and scientists working to revolutionize the battery industry through the development of next‐generation, all solid‐state rechargeable batteries. Solid Power is a dynamic, fast‐paced, collaborative and innovative team environment. The preferred candidate will have hands‐on experience in shipping and receiving dock management, operation of Kanban inventory systems, and general warehouse management. Experience with hazmat and heavy material handling equipment is also preferred. This position is critical in assuring accurate and efficient material flow through the facility, and in coordinating with purchasing to assure appropriate inventory supply and replenishment. This role will also be critical in the administration functions of document control and vendor performance tracking.
- Collaborate with the purchasing manager and monitor the MRP for daily inbound expectation and receiving priority.
- Assist carriers with package offload for LTL or parcel shipments.
- Inspect inbound shipments for damage and verify part numbers and quantity per the packing slip and purchase order.
- Assure all required vendor documentation is present with the shipment.
- Record receiving data, scan and file packing slips and hard copy PO’s, and mark partials or close purchase orders in the PO tracker.
- Identify items that require quality inspection and segregate in the receiving inspection hold area.
- Provide notification to purchasing and quality departments for inspection need.
- Print and attach Kanban cards after approval.
- Identify hazardous items that require SDS documentation and assure the SDS is present.
- Check new SDS’s against both the Solid Power electronic and hard copy logs and file new items.
- Add items to appropriate WH stock locations or deliver to appropriate requisitioner.
- Maintain a clean and organized receiving dock.
- Monitor departmental stock pull locations in R&D, production dry room, and assembly area and replenish material as needed.
- Monitor warehouse backstock locations and notify purchasing of low stock.
- Assign, track, and maintain supply inventory part numbers and warehouse locations.
- Bi‐weekly Kanban inventory reporting.
- Package outbound LTL or parcel shipments for safe transport.
- Run rate quotes and assign carriers for both inbound and outbound shipments.
- Assist carriers with LTL or parcel shipment loading.
- Associate’s Degree (or equivalent education/experience) in supply chain, or related discipline and/or 5+ years of experience in a material handling or logistics function.
- Experience in evaluating and planning inventory and storage of materials in support of a manufacturing organization. Preferred experience in managing a Kanban and other JIT manufacturing tools.
- Familiarity with a variety of logistics providers, incoterms, and international customs considerations (both incoming and outgoing).
- Hazmat or other regulated shipping experience desirable.
- Rapid learner and self-motivated who thrives in a fast-paced, collaborative start-up environment.
- Excellent communication, negotiation, and organizational skills with a strong attention to detail.
Salary Range:$22.00 - $24.00/hour
Benefits: Solid Power offers a comprehensive benefit package that includes medical/dental/vision insurance, employer paid Life/AD&D/STD/LTD insurance, 401k with company match, paid holidays, PTO, cell phone reimbursement and participation in our equity plan.