Solid Power is seeking a Market Development Manager to join our team in a high-visibility role that will have responsibility over execution of key strategic initiatives related to supply chain development, market intelligence, and cost modelling/ industry benchmarking activities. This individual will join a talented team working to revolutionize the battery industry through the development of next-generation, all solid-state rechargeable batteries. Solid Power is a dynamic, fast-paced, collaborative and innovative team environment.
This position will initially be an individual contributor, with opportunity for future development within the target functional areas for the right candidate.
The preferred candidate will have a keen understanding of the lithium and lithium-ion battery supply chain and market dynamics alongside a balance of industry experience in relevant technical areas and supply chain development and/or externally facing program management.
- Work with procurement to initiate and negotiate long-term supply agreements with key raw material vendors and tollers.
- Manage external projects with strategic vendors and research institutions relating to next-generation input materials.
- Maintain market intelligence data, including supplier landscape, market research reports, commodity data, and internal cost models against industry benchmarks.
- Own all internal product cost modelling and market benchmarking activities and work with internal experts and consultants to improve existing cost models.
- Prepare presentation materials that clearly articulate benefits and risks Solid Power’s technology against industry benchmarks.
- Foster strong relationships and thought leadership within the ASSB supply chain via supplier visits, conference/trade show attendance, and related speaking engagements.
- Lead supply chain development efforts with key suppliers, and other related projects as directed by senior management.
- Frequent travel to trade shows, vendor sites, and customer meetings.
- BS in Science, Engineering, or related discipline and an MBA or other relevant advanced degree from a top tier program, with 5+ years of industry experience.
- Strong quantitative skills in financial and process modelling, including sensitivity analysis.
- Deep understanding of the lithium ion and battery materials supply chain, and/or relevant commodity markets. Experience with vendor relationship management in this sector is desirable.
- Able to synthesize complex modelling activities and deliver to senior management key take-aways and recommendations for strategic initiatives.
- Demonstrated track record in project management.
- Thrives in a fast-paced/dynamic environment.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- U.S. citizenship or U.S. permanent residency required.
Salary Range: $100,000 - $140,000/year
Benefits: Solid Power offers a comprehensive benefit package that includes medical/dental/vision insurance, employer paid Life/AD&D/STD/LTD insurance, 401k with company match, paid holidays, PTO, up to six (6) weeks paid FMLA leave, cell phone reimbursement and participation in our equity incentive plan.