Solid Power is seeking a Quality Engineer II to join our talented team of engineers and scientists working to revolutionize the battery industry through the development of next generation, all solid-state rechargeable batteries. The preferred candidate will have hands-on experience in the statistical analysis of quality data generated from lithium-ion battery manufacturing and testing as well as powder material processing. A strong background in the development of work instructions, standard operating procedures, and specifications setting is a plus. This position is critical to ensuring department leads have the required information to effectively implement the required activities that drive Solid Power products to market with the highest quality. The Quality Engineer II is also responsible for checking performance efficiency of machines and quality control of products. The Quality Engineer II will document the processes so they may be replicated and ensure that all processes comply with industry, regulatory, and safety regulations.
- Determines quality improvement parameters by identifying statistical methods relevant to manufacturing processes.
- Establishes statistical confidence intervals by identifying sample size and acceptable error.
- Establishes statistical reliability identifying statistical methods, use DOE as necessary.
- Develops sampling plans by applying attribute, variable, and sequential sampling methods.
- Maintains statistical process controls.
- Analyzes data by completing hypothesis, normal distribution, and process capability analysis tests.
- Prepares reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing data, making recommendations for process improvements.
- Regularly monitors the production processes and equipment to assure quality.
- Provides statistical information for quality improvement by identifying testing methods and samples.
- Provide engineering support to operations ensuring consistent application of quality techniques.
- Facilitate and promote use of appropriate problem-solving techniques for effective root cause analysis and successful corrective action.
- Bachelor’s Degree (or higher) in Engineering, Quality, or related technical discipline and 5-7+ years of experience in quality or process engineering.
- CQE a plus.
- Knowledge of Quality Management Systems (e.g. TS 16949, ISO901, IATF 16949), expertise in automotive standards desirable.
- Priot Trained. Structured problem solving and analytical skills including strong technical skills in statistical tools such as Design of Experiments (DOE).
- Exceptional mechanical aptitude (i.e., intuitive understanding of mechanical processes).
- Proven track record of driving continuous quality improvement in a manufacturing environment.
- Experience with new product introductions and in transitioning products from R&D to high volume manufacturing is highly desirable.
- Excellent project management, communication, and organizational skills.
- Prior management experience a plus.
- U.S. citizenship or Permanent Residency required.
Salary Range: $70,000 - $94,000/year
Benefits: Solid Power offers a comprehensive benefit package that includes medical/dental/vision insurance, employer paid Life/AD&D/STD/LTD insurance, 401k with company match, paid holidays, PTO, cell phone reimbursement and participation in our equity incentive plan.