Launched in 2015, SOL DE JANEIRO is an award-winning, fast-growing premium global lifestyle beauty brand inspired by the beauty rituals and attitude of the beaches of Rio. Our brand purpose is to spark endless self-celebration and joy through the power and warmth of the Brazilian spirit. This philosophy extends from our products to our corporate culture. We are leaders, permanently inquisitive, category obsessed, incredibly diverse, self-demanding, true team players, and we are all Brazilian in Spirit.
Headquartered in New York and launched as a digitally native brand, we now have teams in Rio, Paris, London and Italy supporting the expansion across the globe.
The position will report to the Retail Marketing Director. This role is remote however candidate should be based on the NYC metro area with ability to go into the office on an as-needed basis.
In conjunction with the Director of Retail Marketing, the Manager will lead the growth and development of Sol de Janeiro with key retailers. The Manager, Retail Marketing will focus on developing and implementing omnichannel marketing strategies to build brand awareness and drive traffic in each channel to maximize growth potential, drive long term profitability and build brand equity.
- Lead the development and execution of marketing plans including all merchandising & sampling strategies, promotional activities, and product launches with key retailers.
- Partner closely with Key Account team, Visual Merchandising, and Global Teams to advocate for retailer business needs and exclusives, packaging needs, sampling, collateral, and media programs needed to execute launches and drive core.
- Align on retailer.com business and loyalty strategy with partnership of Retailer.com merchant and Account team to drive sales volume, new client acquisition, and brand loyalty.
- Manage and present marketing calendar and programs to retailers, including but not limited to, new product innovations, brand strategies and focuses, media, social and PR strategies.
- Lead the presentation development, meeting prep, and follow-up of seasonal Market Meetings.
- Submit and manage all creative and merchandising requests/briefs to ensure timely development and optimal effectiveness of all marketing programs, visual merchandising, and collateral materials.
- Create, prepare, and maintain marketing and merchandising calendars and budgets.
- Partner with cross functional teams to develop & traffic retailer specific advertising, promotions, and supporting digital content.
- Manage merchandising updates and secondary exposure to ensure on-time execution and maximize productivity by allocating placement and managing creative direction in partnership with the account team.
- Provide analysis and feedback on key product launches as well as core business performance.
- Analyze marketing campaign performance tracking the success of each initiative.
- Nurture a strong relationship with Merchants, Dotcom and Marketing teams and Key Account team.
- Bachelor’s degree required minimum.
- 5+ years in of marketing experience in cosmetics/beauty industry is highly desired.
- Located in NYC Metro Area with ability to go into office as needed.
- Attention to detail and organizational/time management skills.
- Ability to balance priorities across multiple internal and external stakeholders.
- Desire to work in a strong team environment. Well-developed interpersonal and communication skills.
- Knowledge of competitive marketplace, online space, and specialty store retail environment.
- PC Proficiency (Microsoft Suite); Advanced Microsoft Excel skills required.
In addition to base salary, this position is eligible for participation in a highly competitive bonus program with the possibility for overachievement based on performance and company results.
The information contained herein is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee, as these may change or new ones may be assigned at any time.
Sol de Janeiro is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.