Launched in 2015, SOL DE JANEIRO is an award-winning, fast-growing premium global lifestyle beauty brand inspired by the beauty rituals and attitude of the beaches of Rio. Our brand purpose is to spark endless self-celebration and joy through the power and warmth of the Brazilian spirit. This philosophy extends from our products to our corporate culture. We are leaders, permanently inquisitive, category obsessed, incredibly diverse, self-demanding, true team players, and we are all Brazilian in Spirit.
Headquartered in New York and launched as a digitally native brand, we now have teams in Rio, Paris, London and Italy supporting the expansion across the globe.
Sol De Janeiro is looking for an experienced Retail Events and Education Manager to join the team. This candidate will be responsible for supporting the creation of engaging, on brand, human to human experiences for our clients in our retail partner stores, while also delivering best-in-class customer service. Our Retail Events and Education Manager will report to the Associate Director of Retail Events and Education. They will work closely with our Global Director of Education, Retail Marketing team, Field Sales team, as well as retail partners to maximize consumer-facing initiatives and drive events and education.
The position will report to the Assistant Director of Retail Events and Education.
- Support Associate Director with Event strategy, planning and execution and measurement.
- Partnering with Field team leadership, Global Education and Marketing, create engaging events to delight clients in-store, and teach and empower the Beauty Advisors to do the same.
- Build strong relationships with Sephora’s event regionals across the country to deliver best in class event strategies and ensure event goals are being met.
- Manage events calendar and assist with strategic toolkit creation and delivery to field team and store leadership.
- Plan and execute In-store events which will include single branded events, multi-branded events, and FSC Events.
- Share seasonal plans with retailer partners to achieve retail sales goals through planning support, and events.
- Establish and develop strong relationships from the Field team to store leadership and store-level employees.
- Evaluate inventory levels for products when conducting events and submit forecast sheets to retail partners.
- Support with development of materials, protocols & education surrounding each event
- Help maintain and track performance of events while maintaining strategic KPI’s
- Help execute Retailer specific events, eg Store directors' meetings, Consumer facing retailer events, eg Sephoria, in conjunction with retail marketing teams and visual merch team
- Provide training for retail partner sales associates to drive their brand love, elevate their knowledge and skills, and drive client engagement, sales and market share.
- Contribute to distribution of training curriculum and materials prior to events
- Help coach and develop Beauty Advisors, Retail Managers, and Freelance team members at the point of sale.
- Foster an environment that encourages the open exchange of ideas and inspires those on the point of sale.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree desirable but not required. Some college or equivalent (such as Esthetician license) is required.
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience in skincare/hair and body field sales or account coordination roles, with experience in product training and sales.
- Ideally located in the NY Metro area to work in the NY Office, as needed
- Should be proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
- Must have experience working with Sephora.
- Should have an energetic, positive, and service-oriented personality and be skilled at relationship-building.
- Should be passionate about skincare, body, and hair products, and implementing brand education and training initiatives.
- Must be focused, show excellent attention to detail, and demonstrate an entrepreneurial approach to their work.
- Must be available to support in-store events (30-40% of the time)
- Must be able to work an occasional Saturday / Sunday
- Must be able to travel out of state, as the business requires
In addition to base salary, this position is eligible for participation in a highly competitive bonus program with the possibility for overachievement based on performance and company results.
The information contained herein is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee, as these may change or new ones may be assigned at any time.
Sol de Janeiro is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.