Solchroma Technologies is building a vivid, light pollution-free outdoor digital display platform for the Smart Cities of the future.
We build a light pollution-free outdoor digital display that enables digital communication with a printed look. Our displays are vivid, full-color, and reflective, working with sunlight rather than against it to consume as little as 1% of the energy of an LED sign. We enable our customers to access the benefits of large-area digital without the Las Vegas look.
Solchroma recently closed our Series Seed funding round and are poised to grow rapidly in the near future. We are looking for a talented Mechanical Engineering to help build the digital signs themselves, but also help create the manufacturing automation technologies that will produce it. If you want to help create the outdoor digital signage of the future in a fast-paced, dynamic startup environment, we want you to join our team as a Mechanical Engineering Intern/Co-op.
- Push the capabilities of reflective digital displays
- Build the most vivid and reliable outdoor display on the market
- Perform tests and experiments on new display structures and manufacturing processes
- Perform quality control on sub-assemblies and finished product
- Assist with prototype assembly of displays, including components and structures, test systems, and operating manufacturing automation processes
- A currently enrolled undergraduate student pursuing a Mechanical Engineering degree
- Takes pride in craftsmanship with attention to detail
- Diligent and resourceful problem solver who can work productively with light supervision
- Are comfortable actively participating in problem solving in a prototyping/manufacturing environment, and enjoy working with a team to solve problems
- Able to operate certain manufacturing equipment independently
- Quick to adapt and willing to learn new techniques, possibly outside your disciplinary boundary
- Veterans are encouraged to apply
- Machining experience
- PLM/document control systems
- Industrial design
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Even if you don't check every box, but see yourself contributing, please apply. Help us build an inclusive community that will change the face of outdoor advertising.