Solchroma Technologies is building a vivid, light pollution-free outdoor digital display platform for the Smart Cities of the future.
We build a light pollution-free outdoor digital display that enables digital communication with a printed look. Our displays are vivid, full-color, and reflective, working with sunlight rather than against it to consume as little as 1% of the energy of an LED sign. We enable our customers to access the benefits of large-area digital without the Las Vegas look.
Solchroma recently closed our Series Seed funding round and are poised to grow rapidly in the near future. We are looking for a Vice President of Engineering who will lead the scale up of Solchroma’s core technology and manufacturing processes, improve yields, refine fabrication methods, and coordinate in-house and out-of-house efforts to achieve production goals.
If you want to help build the future look of our Smart Cities in a fast-paced, dynamic startup environment, we want you to join our team as the VP of Engineering.
Reporting to the CEO, the VP of Engineering will lead a team to scale the production of display modules. Working with the CTO and overseeing the engineering team, the VP of Engineering will also identify and implement process automation to improve device performance, and coordinate the development, procurement, and integration of high-volume production equipment to meet scale-up and manufacturing targets. Success in this role will be measured by:
- Scale-up targets achieved
- Display yield improvement
- Display performance improvement
- Production cost reduction
- PhD in the physical sciences or engineering
- 15+ years leading teams of operations staff and engineers
- Has scaled multiple technologies from R+D phase to production phase
- Broad knowledge of manufacturing techniques and processes
- Broad network of associates who can provide expertise in efficiently solving technical challenges
- Experience sourcing, qualifying, and managing supply chain vendors at low, medium, and high volumes
- Experience implementing PLM document control
- Experience in lean manufacturing practices
- Comfortable developing short, medium, and long-term goals for operational success in the context of greater strategic efforts
- Experience developing/integrating high-volume production automation
- Attentive to quality control practices and results
- Able to come up to speed quickly
- Strong communication and negotiations skills supported by keen interpersonal/relationship development skills; team player
- Strategic thinker, but able to grasp the required detail in major endeavors
- Ability to work in an unstructured environment—the creative chaos of a start-up environment; resourceful, with limited support
- Entrepreneurial; accepting of the risks and rewards of a start-up
- Are comfortable actively participating in problem solving and enjoy working with a team to solve problems
- Quick to adapt and willing to learn new techniques, possibly outside your disciplinary boundary
- Adept at interviewing, hiring, developing, and managing personnel to ensure efficient process scale up and operation of all aspects of hardware manufacturing
- Certified in Six Sigma or Lean Manufacturing
- Display industry experience
- Startup experience
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Even if you don't check every box, but see yourself contributing, please apply. Help us build an inclusive community that will change the face of outdoor advertising.