Solchroma Technologies is building a vivid, light pollution-free outdoor digital display platform for the Smart Cities of the future.
We build a light pollution-free outdoor digital display that enables digital communication with a printed look. Our displays are vivid, full-color, and reflective, working with sunlight rather than against it to consume as little as 1% of the energy of an LED sign. We enable our customers to access the benefits of large-area digital without the Las Vegas look.
Solchroma recently closed our Series Seed funding round and are poised to grow rapidly in the near future. We are looking for talented engineers who are excited to be early employees of a venture-backed startup. You will help design and build our digital sign modules as well as create the manufacturing automation that produces our core technology.
- Design, test, and automate various production processes for current design builds
- Build custom jigs and fixtures for production and prototyping process improvement
- Assist with prototype assembly of display modules, components and mechanisms, test systems, and manufacturing automation and processes
- Perform reliability checks on components, subassemblies, assemblies, and fabrication equipment
- Perform tests and experiments to develop next-generation display structures and manufacturing processes
- Perform quality control and inspection for sub-assemblies and finished product
- Possess an undergraduate degree in a technical field (Mechanical, Chemical, Industrial Engineering, etc.) with 2-3 years of relevant work experience
- Comfortable with CAD and technical drawing
- Take pride in craftsmanship with attention to detail
- Proactive and determined to solve problems
- Able to work with light supervision
- Good listener and quick learner
- Are quick to adapt and willing to learn new techniques, possibly outside your disciplinary boundary
- Are willing and able to spend part of your day on a computer working on a design, and part of your day on your feet, operating machinery to fabricate prototypes
Bonus Points for experience with:
- Previous experience working for a start up company
- PLM/document control systems
- Industrial design
- Programming/LabVIEW experience
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Even if you don't check every box, but see yourself contributing, please apply. Help us build an inclusive community that will change the face of our future Smart Cities.