Solaris is a tech company with a full German banking license. Our Banking-as-a-Service platform enables businesses to offer their own financial products. With our straightforward APIs, our partners can access and integrate a wide range of solutions such as digital banking, payments, cards, identification and lending services. As a market leader we are driven by bringing transformational change to the financial services industry.
We love what we do and we love our team. We are 700+ people from over 70 nationalities - a unique blend of techies, fintech enthusiasts, bankers and entrepreneurs from various industries. Our routines are built around genuinely valuing and exchanging different perspectives as well as actively sharing knowledge as we drive our business as a team. We believe and invest in personal growth. Our publicly shared learning framework lays out your career opportunities. In addition, we offer a range of benefits to support your curiosity, health and well-being.
About Your Future Team
You will work in one of the Core Banking teams which build new and maintain scalable backend systems based on an event sourcing microservices architecture that enable money movement across the different accounts within and outside Solaris, and provide state of the art internal APIs for our product and operational teams; we also manage the ledger and ensure its integrity.
Depending on your level of experience, your responsibilities and scope of role will range. We don’t care much about fancy titles, but rather about real personal and professional development, as laid out in our learning framework. Let’s figure together out how you can contribute to our team.
As a Software Engineer you will:
- Ensure on-time delivery of new features and services
- Take end-to-end ownership of our fleet of microservices
- Nurture the performance and health of our services
- Shape our working culture and quality standards
- Find optimal solutions in close collaboration with fellow engineers, agile coaches, and product owners
- Learn and improve continuously to drive or keep up with innovation
What You Should Bring Along
- Experience in any of the following languages (Go, Ruby, or Java)
- Experience working with Go is preferred
- Experience working on cloud platforms like AWS is preferred
- Experience in the areas of API development and system design
- You understand agile workflows and lean principles
Check out these talks from your future engineering colleagues on some of the products we build in Core Banking:
- Getting to the core of the matter: why Solarisbank built its own core-banking system
- GOTO 2020 | Crafting the Core - Why and How We Built the Core Banking System
What We Offer
- We have a "remote-friendly" working arrangement
- Health and development budget
- Transparent framework to support your career goals.
- Competitive salary
While job ads usually paint an ideal picture of a candidate, studies show that most applicants meet an average of 60% of the criteria. Unfortunately, many promising candidates tend to apply only if they meet all the criteria. So if you think you have what it takes, but don't necessarily meet every single item in the job description, please contact us anyway. We'd love to talk with you and find out if you might be a good fit for us.
At Solaris, we are committed to nurturing an inclusive environment, where all Solarians feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a diverse workforce that reflects the diversity of our communities. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of color, ethnicity, religion, sex, origin, disability, marital status, citizenship, or gender identity. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.Information on data processing:
Information on data processing:
To all recruitment agencies: Solaris does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Solaris employees or any other venture in our ecosystem. Solaris is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.