Solaris is a tech company with a full German banking license. Our Banking-as-a-Service platform enables businesses to offer their own financial products. With our straightforward APIs, our partners can access and integrate a wide range of solutions such as digital banking, payments, cards, identification and lending services. As a market leader we are driven by bringing transformational change to the financial services industry.
We love what we do and we love our team. We are 700+ people from over 70 nationalities - a unique blend of techies, fintech enthusiasts, bankers and entrepreneurs from various industries. Our routines are built around genuinely valuing and exchanging different perspectives as well as actively sharing knowledge as we drive our business as a team. We believe and invest in personal growth.
About your team
As Senior Controller in the Group Pricing, Planning and Controlling team of Solaris, you are the main go-to-person for any finance-related topic. You support the Management Board and general leadership team of Solaris in steering the business from a financial standpoint. This includes financial planning and analysis tasks as well as contributing to projects, investment cases and process improvements.
The overarching objective of Group Planning and Controlling is to design and accompany the process of target-setting for the overall organization (i.e., revenues, costs and capital planning) and enabling senior management to steer towards achieving the defined objectives, all whilst ensuring transparency of business results, processes, and strategies.
Your main responsibility is to control the expense budget while closely collaborating with different stakeholders within the organization to provide detailed insights on their budget performance to help them steer the business and take management decisions.
- Tracking and managing the budget against actuals including the responsibility for monthly and ad-hoc performance reviews with leadership and cost center owners
- Working with the Finance team to ensure accuracy of accounting output (e.g., cost allocations and the accrual process) with management reporting
- Being part of the budget planning process for Solaris Group with a focus on the operating expense for individual product groups, functions and individual countries
- Closely coordinating with the People & Organization department for continuous monitoring and steering of the workforce development by documenting changes (vacancies, new position requests, internal changes) to manage all compensation-related expenses in line with the business need
- Supporting the leadership team in identifying efficiency potential, running projects on operational excellence (including conceptualization, implementation and integration), managing investment cases whilst ensuring adherence to audit requirements (e.g., following and documenting working instructions for planning and controlling processes)
What You Should Bring Along
Depending on your level of experience, your responsibilities and scope of role will range. We don’t care much about fancy titles, but rather about real personal and professional development, as laid out in our learning framework. Let’s figure together out how you can contribute to our team.
- Education with M. Sc, Ph.D. in Economics, Finance, Business or MBA is preferred. Specialization in Controlling is a plus.
- Minimum four years of controlling experience, preferably with touch points of the whole P&L statement. Knowledge of generally accepted accounting standards (especially HGB and IFRS) is a strong plus and financial modeling expertise is preferred.
- You entrepreneurial hands-on and can-do mentality with exceptional analytical expertise and the greatest attention to detail.
- Interest in FinTech and Financial Services is a strong plus and experience in dealing with auditors and regulators is beneficial.
- At the same time, you are a strong team player and an effective communicator, who can operate in a diverse team, cross-functionally, takes ownership and demonstrates self-initiative.
- Professional fluency in English in both speaking and writing; German is a significant plus.
What We Offer
- We have a "remote-friendly" working arrangement
- Home office budget
- Health and development budget
- Transparent framework to support your career goals
- Competitive salary
While job ads usually paint an ideal picture of a candidate, studies show that most applicants meet an average of 60% of the criteria. Unfortunately, many promising candidates tend to apply only if they meet all the criteria. So if you think you have what it takes, but don't necessarily meet every single item in the job description, please contact us anyway. We'd love to talk with you and find out if you might be a good fit for us.
At Solaris, we are committed to nurturing an inclusive environment, where all Solarians feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a diverse workforce that reflects the diversity of our communities. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of color, ethnicity, religion, sex, origin, disability, marital status, citizenship, or gender identity. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.Information on data processing:
To all recruitment agencies: Solaris does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Solaris employees or any other venture in our ecosystem. Solaris is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.