Solarisbank is a tech company with a full German banking license. Our Banking-as-a-Service platform enables businesses to offer their own financial products. With our straightforward APIs, our partners can access and integrate a wide range of solutions such as digital banking, payments, cards, identification and lending services. As a market leader we are driven by bringing transformational change to the financial services industry.
We love what we do and we love our team. We are 400+ people from over 60 nationalities - a unique blend of techies, fintech enthusiasts, bankers and entrepreneurs from various industries. Our routines are built around genuinely valuing and exchanging different perspectives as well as actively sharing knowledge as we drive our business as a team. We believe and invest in personal growth. Our publicly shared learning framework lays out your career opportunities. In addition, we offer a range of benefits to support your curiosity, health and well-being.
Risk Management works across functions and units to ensure that the business and its stakeholders are on safe ground. Members of the Non-Financial Risk Management team are among the first in the company to get involved in any new initiatives.
While gaining invaluable experience and exposure in a fast-paced environment, you will work across all non financial risk streams and take ownership of process efficiency and adherence to the latest legal and regulatory requirements within the scope of the Solaris geographical expansion for its branches and other entities. This implies that you will:
- Implement & develop the NFRM general framework and identify gaps with local requirements by continuously question and enhance of the Policy Management framework, governance and procedures along organization growth
- Help shaping and implementing the role of non-financial risk within the new created/acquired entities
- Perform risk analysis in the new product process(NPP) in collaboration with Product Management within the scope of the geographical expansion
- Support business continuity management(BCM) in the Business Impact Analysis to identify critical and time-sensitive processes of the entities
- Adhering to risk mitigation and highlighting risks while maintaining positive relationship with stakeholders and keeping in mind their interests
- Coordinate Modification of Operational Processes and Procedures, keeping mind launch of other related applicable relevant processes (Outsourcing, NPP, BCM, etc…)
- Produce and enhance reports for each entity as well as contributing to consolidated management reports
- Drive adhoc projects and initiatives related to geo expansion
- Advise comprehensively and support the functions, business units and management of Solarisbank in the operational business as well as corporate and governance matters of the branches/entities
- Act as an interface to other functions (e.g. Finance, People & Organization, Risk)
- Contribute actively to audit requests and long term remediations of audit findings
- Provide timely analysis and reporting
- Record, escalate and follow up open risks
- Enhance our alert indicators systems
- Maintain overview of compulsory insurances in collaboration with Financial Risk Management
- Sound knowledge of relevant risk management regulations (MaRisk, BAIT, KWG, etc )
- 5 years of experience in Operational Risk, Internal Control, Audit function in financial services
- Concrete experience in building framework and create policies
- Strong project management skills
- Experience dealing with multiple entities within a Multi-National Firm.
- Actual involvement in internal & external audits
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree
- Ability to work accurately and independently in a fast-paced environment while keeping team spirit in mind
- Flexibility in approach and thinking.
- Ability to grasp the big picture to develop and anticipate changes in the existing framework
- Excellent communication/presentation skills, both written and verbal and at all levels
- Solution oriented and entrepreneurial thinking.
- Relationship builder and ability to articulate/sell ideas
- Affinity for the fintech industry and innovative payment solutions and banking products
- English (>C1), German (>A2)
At Solarisbank, we are committed to nurturing an inclusive environment, where all Solarians feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a diverse workforce that reflects the diversity of our communities. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of color, ethnicity, religion, sex, origin, disability, marital status, citizenship, or gender identity. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
Information on data processing: