Solarisbank is a tech company with a full German banking license. Our Banking-as-a-Service platform enables businesses to offer their own financial products. With our straightforward APIs, our partners can access and integrate a wide range of solutions such as digital banking, payments, cards, identification and lending services. As a market leader we are driven by bringing transformational change to the financial services industry.
We love what we do and we love our team. We are 400+ people from over 60 nationalities - a unique blend of techies, fintech enthusiasts, bankers and entrepreneurs from various industries. Our routines are built around genuinely valuing and exchanging different perspectives as well as actively sharing knowledge as we drive our business as a team.
About your future team
You will be working as a Principal Data Engineer in our Data Platform Team working closely with experts in data engineering, data warehousing and analytics. Our main goal is to ensure the data availability for internal and external processes and to deliver exceptional analyses to ensure excellent business decision-making. We work closely together with our five cross-functional business units as well as our internal functional teams. Your main contributions would be to ensure we have a state-of-the-art tech platform on which the team can deliver the reports and insights needed by our product and functional teams.
As a principal engineer you will be responsible for architecture data related project and services in the data platform team. Architecture that you provide must be scalable and bulletproof in sense of data ingestions and data flows. You will lead the implementation of the architecture you provide by examples and by mentoring engineers in the team. You make technical decisions and deliver it from idea to production.
As a Principal Data Engineer you will:
- Design, develop, and operate the tools and infrastructure that we need to work with data, all the way from data ingestion to visualization of results
- Take end-to-end ownership of our tools and services Automate repetitive tasks into code that can be reused
- Deliver quality code in an efficient manner Document code and processes
- Collaborate with fellow engineers, agile coaches and product owners
Who are you?
- You have solid experience with AWS Cloud services (e.g., Athena, ECS, IAM, etc.)
- You have solid experience with Python
- You have experience working with Terraform (or passion about learning it)
- You are mentoring technical decisions to your team
- You are a proactive peer and help the growth of your team
- You are comfortable writing high-quality software
- You understand agile workflows and lean principles
- You strive for simplicity, reliability and pragmatism
- You write documentation to capture project evaluation
- You communicate well in written and verbal English
- You are familiar with DWH solutions (Redshift, Snowflake)
- You can (or have passion to) develop and maintain projects in different programming languages
- You are familiar with orchestration tools such as Airflow and data serialization formats such as Avro and Parquet
At Solarisbank, we are committed to nurturing an inclusive environment, where all Solarians feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a diverse workforce that reflects the diversity of our communities. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of color, ethnicity, religion, sex, origin, disability, marital status, citizenship, or gender identity. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
To all recruitment agencies: Solarisbank does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Solarisbank’s employees or any other venture in our ecosystem. solarisBank is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.