Solarisbank is a tech company with a full German banking license. Our Banking-as-a-Service platform enables businesses to offer their own financial products. With our straightforward APIs, our partners can access and integrate a wide range of solutions such as digital banking, payments, cards, identification and lending services. As a market leader we are driven by bringing transformational change to the financial services industry.
We love what we do and we love our team. We are 400+ people from over 60 nationalities - a unique blend of techies, fintech enthusiasts, bankers and entrepreneurs from various industries. Our routines are built around genuinely valuing and exchanging different perspectives as well as actively sharing knowledge as we drive our business as a team. We believe and invest in personal growth. Our publicly shared learning framework lays out your career opportunities. In addition, we offer a range of benefits to support your curiosity, health and well-being.
Expanding our business activities to other EU countries is our next big step. At Solarisbank, we take Compliance very seriously and we see it as fundamental contribution to our success.
At the next possible date, we are looking for a Senior AFC Compliance Manager (m/f/div) for Spain. As Senior AFC Compliance Manager for Spain, you will be the main responsible for the implementation of the anti-money laundering and anti-terrorist financing system (Representative to SEPBLAC), and also you will be acting as first contact point for local authorities. This position will be based anywhere in Spain (Ideally Madrid).
- Main responsible for the AFC Compliance function in Spain
- Part of Solarisbank’s Group AFC Compliance function
- As Representative to SEPBLAC, you will report directly to the General Manager of Solarisbank Spanish Branch
- Head of Solarisbank’s Internal Control Body for Spain - OCI
- Development and improvement of local AFC policies and procedures, and the overall regulatory framework
- Responsible for the annual AFC Compliance risk assessment
- Responsible for the definition and implementation of internal control measures
- Oversight and support in AFC Compliance reporting
- Oversight of the reporting of suspicious activities to SEPBLAC
- Management of Solarisbank’s Spanish Branch relationship with local regulator such as Bank of Spain, SEPBLAC and all other public enforcement agencies
- Correspondence with the authorities/public prosecutor's offices
- Training and timely instruction of employees in AFC and other departments
- Ensuring effectiveness and compliance of KYC processes
- Ensuring reliability checks on third parties and employees
- Involvement in New Product Process from AFC perspective
- Cross-functional monitoring of AFC requirements
- Advice and report to the management, business units and functions with regard to AFC compliance with local regulations and specifications
- Evaluate the reliability of the IT infrastructure and suggest correctives to achieve an adequate customer due diligence
- 5-10 years of relevant work experience in the area of AFC Compliance in a bank, well-known audit company or consultancy firm with financial services focus
- Higher education degree, preferably in a Finance, Law of Financial Markets, Master of Laws, or equivalent
- Knowledge of methods and systems for systemic testing
- Excellent knowledge of local regulatory standards both for AML compliance related functions and for AFC compliance operational functions
- Very good understanding of local tools provided by the regulator to the reporting entities (e.g., CTL, DMO, FTF, EDITRAN, ITW, SIF, etc.)
- Resilient and a fast learner
- Assertiveness and high motivation
- Ability to work in a team and high level of decision-making ability
- Ability to present complex facts and issues in an understandable manner, verbally and in writing
- Diligent, independent and pragmatic way of working
- Confident appearance, excellent social competences, hands-on mentality, high self-motivation
- Spanish as mother-tongue
- Very good written and spoken English.
What do we offer?
- Independent and diverse work
- An excellent work culture with flat hierarchy in an international, highly motivated team
- Direct cooperation with the decision-makers and participation in shaping the future of Solarisbank, one of the most attractive FinTechs in the industry today
At Solarisbank, we are committed to nurturing an inclusive environment, where all Solarians feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a diverse workforce that reflects the diversity of our communities. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of colour, ethnicity, religion, sex, origin, disability, marital status, citizenship, or gender identity. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.