Solarisbank is a tech company with a full German banking license. Our Banking-as-a-Service platform enables businesses to offer their own financial products. With our straightforward APIs, our partners can access and integrate a wide range of solutions such as digital banking, payments, cards, identification and lending services. As a market leader we are driven by bringing transformational change to the financial services industry.
We love what we do and we love our team. We are 400+ people from over 60 nationalities - a unique blend of techies, fintech enthusiasts, bankers and entrepreneurs from various industries. Our routines are built around genuinely valuing and exchanging different perspectives as well as actively sharing knowledge as we drive our business as a team. We believe and invest in personal growth. Our publicly shared learning framework lays out your career opportunities. In addition, we offer a range of benefits to support your curiosity, health and well-being.
We are growing as a company and want to expand our product offering to different European markets – including France. We are looking for an experienced talent to support our Legal team on this journey!
Solarisbank's Legal department provides internal legal support to all functions, business units and the management on all legal matters (except tax law). To strengthen our team and in particular drive the set-up of our branch in France forward, we are looking for a French law qualified legal counsel / in-house counsel as soon as possible.
- You provide comprehensive advice and support to the functions, business units and management of Solarisbank in the operational business as well as corporate and governance matters of the branch
- You deal with a wide range of legal issues in the areas of banking and capital market law, payment transaction law, data protection law, as well as general civil and contract law.
- You review, negotiate and draft contracts in the above-mentioned legal areas
- You support the further development of the contract logic for essential future cooperations of the branch in the B2B2X business as well as the corporate and governance area.
- You act as an interface to other functions (e.g. Finance, People & Organisation, Risk)
- You process and accompany extrajudicial and judicial litigation proceedings
- You coordinate external lawyers
- You support the management on exchange with local authorities
- You are a fully qualified lawyer in France and have completed your studies with above-average results
- You are based either in France or Germany
- You have an affinity for the fintech industry and innovative payment solutions and banking products
- You ideally have proven experience in the following areas in: Corporate, Financial Regulation, Banking and Capital Markets (especially payment services and credit products), Data Protection, Civil and Contract Law
- You have professional experience (4 years or more), preferably in the legal department of an internationally operating financial services provider or a renowned law firm specialising in banking and finance
- You are able to find solutions for complex tasks and processes in a goal-oriented manner and to give pragmatic recommendations for action
- You have a "hands-on" mentality and use your communication skills to convince with practical solutions
- You are willing to continuously develop personality and knowledge
- You are fluent in English and French; German is optional.
What do we offer?
- A remote-first policy
- Independent and varied work
- Direct cooperation with decision-makers and involvement in shaping the future of Solarisbank, one of the most attractive fintechs in the industry today
- An excellent working culture with flat hierarchies in an international, highly motivated team
- You have the choice whether you prefer to work with a Mac or Windows
At Solarisbank, we are committed to nurturing an inclusive environment, where all Solarians feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a diverse workforce that reflects the diversity of our communities. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of color, ethnicity, religion, sex, origin, disability, marital status, citizenship, or gender identity. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
Information on data processing: