Solarisbank is a tech company with a full German banking license. Our Banking-as-a-Service platform enables businesses to offer their own financial products. With our straightforward APIs, our partners can access and integrate a wide range of solutions such as digital banking, payments, cards, identification and lending services. As a market leader we are driven by bringing transformational change to the financial services industry.
We love what we do and we love our team. We are 300+ people from over 50 nationalities - a unique blend of techies, fintech enthusiasts, bankers and entrepreneurs from various industries. Our routines are built around genuinely valuing and exchanging different perspectives as well as actively sharing knowledge as we drive our business as a team. We believe and invest in personal growth. Our publicly shared learning framework lays out your career opportunities. In addition, we offer a range of benefits to support your curiosity, health and well-being.
Solarisbank is divided in 4 business units, each of them responsible for one slice of the overall product offering. Each unit is a cross-functional team of people, from tech and product to risk and sales. Each unit contains two or more product development teams. Around the units exist functional teams that help Solarisbank accelerate as a people organization.
As the Director Data & Analytics you report to the CPO (with close ties to the CTO as well) and lead the team leads within your function. You drive the strategy for Solarisbank’s data capabilities, you excel in daily execution of the strategy and you develop and grow people within the data function on a daily basis.
- Develop a stringent data & analytics strategy, in alignment with the company’s business strategy and all subsequent strategies; meaningful ML & AI applications are supposed to be a core element of this strategy going forward
- You execute the strategy by assuring appropriate structures and processes within the data function
- You ensure operational excellence in all data management and analytics related tasks
- You lead, manage and grow the leads and employees within the data function and help them excel in their areas
- Together with your team you are collaborating with multiple functions to foster a culture of data driven mindset as well as drive innovation and automation throughout all areas of Solarisbank (e.g. product & tech, credit risk, commercial, operations)
- You take responsibility for overarching initiatives within the product & tech organization and act as a part of the senior leadership group on overall organization level
- Bring a passion to stay on top of tech trends, experiment with and learn new technologies and participate in internal & external relevant communities
What you should bring along
- Multiple years’ progressive leadership experience, ideally in the data analysis field
- Extensive experience in developing strategy around data architecture and building teams in the area
- Expert knowledge in the fields of data infrastructure, data modeling, data management, and data governance.
- Proven track record in driving company growth and goal achievement by defining, implementing and monitoring business-related KPIs
- Profound skills in Python and SQL
- Experience working in advanced data science as well as more operational data processes in an operationally excellent environment
- Data Evangelism: Strong domain background with the ability to learn quickly and go deep into our functional and technical structures
- Effective Communication: Excellent listener; proven ability to cooperate and communicate at all levels and across various stakeholders and partners
- Partner Attitude: Have the skills to build strong and lasting partnerships with other data, technology, product, and other leaders that enable your team’s ability to stay on the cutting edge of industry solutions
- Curiosity: Hands-on, with a collaborative style of working
- Passion: Bring energy and enthusiasm to the job and organization
- Boldness: History of taking smart actions, managing risks and leading through change
- Leadership: Building an enabled team, be a leader of leaders, be a role model for our vision, values and culture
At Solarisbank, we are committed to nurturing an inclusive environment, where all Solarians feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a diverse workforce that reflects the diversity of our communities. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of color, ethnicity, religion, sex, origin, disability, marital status, citizenship, or gender identity. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
Information on data processing: