Solarisbank is a tech company with a full German banking license. Our Banking-as-a-Service platform enables businesses to offer their own financial products. With our straightforward APIs, our partners can access and integrate a wide range of solutions such as digital banking, payments, cards, identification and lending services. As a market leader we are driven by bringing transformational change to the financial services industry.
We love what we do and we love our team. We are 300+ people from over 50 nationalities - a unique blend of techies, fintech enthusiasts, bankers and entrepreneurs from various industries. Our routines are built around genuinely valuing and exchanging different perspectives as well as actively sharing knowledge as we drive our business as a team. We believe and invest in personal growth. Our publicly shared learning framework lays out your career opportunities. In addition, we offer a range of benefits to support your curiosity, health and well-being.
Expanding our business activities to other EU countries is our next big step. At Solarisbank, we take Compliance seriously and we see it as fundamental contribution to our success.
At the next possible date we are looking for a (Senior) Compliance Manager (m/f/div) for France. The role is placed in Berlin, Germany and may require traveling to France. We expect general willingness to take over Compliance Officer role after probation period, if deemed qualified and if deemed required according to laws or regulations.
- Responsible for the Compliance function in France.
- Direct reporting line to the Global Compliance Officer and the Country Manager
- Operational support of the Global Compliance Function
- Responsible for building up and structuring the local Compliance function in line with German and local laws and regulations
- First contact point for local authorities
- Monitoring of changes in laws and regulations and enforcement of implementation together with the responsible departments
- Controls and monitoring procedures
- Local Risk Analysis and contribution to the Group Compliance Risk Analysis
- Oversight on policies and procedures and the overall regulatory framework
- Advisory function for other departments
- Contribution to our overall growth strategy
- Minimum 4 to 5 years of relevant experience in the area of Compliance in a bank, well-known audit company or consultancy with financial services focus
- University degree in Business Administration, Master of Laws or similar
- Strong CVs with training as a bank clerk or a job-specific further education or comparable qualification with professional Compliance experience will also be considered
- Project Management skills
- Knowledge of local regulatory requirements for banks and daily Compliance operations
- Good understanding of the IT landscape
- Resilience and quick comprehension
- Assertiveness and high motivation
- Ability to work in a team and a high degree of decision-making ability
- Ability to present complex issues in an understandable manner in word and in writing
- Careful, independent and pragmatic way of working
- Confident appearance, excellent social skills, hands-on mentality, high level of self-motivation
- Very good written and spoken English
- French as mother tongue
- German is optional
You apply for a position in a highly motivated team of Compliance professionals.
At Solarisbank, we are committed to nurturing an inclusive environment, where all Solarians feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a diverse workforce that reflects the diversity of our communities. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of color, ethnicity, religion, sex, origin, disability, marital status, citizenship, or gender identity. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
Information on data processing: