Solarisbank is a tech company with a full German banking license. Our Banking-as-a-Service platform enables businesses to offer their own financial products. With our straightforward APIs, our partners can access and integrate a wide range of solutions such as digital banking, payments, cards, identification and lending services. As a market leader we are driven by bringing transformational change to the financial services industry.
We love what we do and we love our team. We are 400+ people from over 60 nationalities - a unique blend of techies, fintech enthusiasts, bankers and entrepreneurs from various industries. Our routines are built around genuinely valuing and exchanging different perspectives as well as actively sharing knowledge as we drive our business as a team. We believe and invest in personal growth. Our publicly shared learning framework lays out your career opportunities. In addition, we offer a range of benefits to support your curiosity, health and well-being.
Expanding our business activities to other EU countries is our next big step. At Solarisbank, we take Compliance seriously and we see it as fundamental contribution to our success.
At the next possible date, we are looking for an AML Compliance Manager (m/f/div) for Spain. After probation period, the AML Compliance Manager may be appointed as Authorized Person to SEPBLAC, if deemed qualified. The role is placed in Berlin, Germany and or Spain.
- Responsible for the AML Compliance function in Spain
- Operational support of the Group AFC Compliance Function
- Direct reporting line to Group AFC Compliance and the appointed Representative to SEPBLAC in Spain
- Responsible for building up and structuring the Spanish AML Compliance function in line with German and local laws and regulations
- Authorized person to SEPBLAC
- Management of Solarisbank’s Spanish Branch relationship with local supervisory authorities such as Bank of Spain, SEPBLAC and all other public enforcement agencies
- First contact point for local authorities
- Monitoring of changes in laws and regulations and enforcement of implementation together with the responsible departments
- Controls and monitoring procedures
- Local Risk Analysis and contribution to the Group ML/TF/Fraud Risk Analysis
- Oversight on policies and procedures and the overall regulatory framework
- Advisory function for other departments
- Contribution to our overall growth strategy
- Minimum 4 to 5 years of relevant experience in the area of AML Compliance in a bank, well-known audit company or consultancy with financial services focus
- Higher education degree, preferably in a Finance, Law of Financial Markets, Master of Laws, or equivalent
- Strong CVs with training as a bank clerk or a job-specific further education or comparable qualification with professional AML Compliance experience will also be considered
- Project Management skills
- Knowledge of local AML relevant regulatory requirements for banks and daily AFC compliance operations
- Good understanding of the IT landscape
- Very good understanding of local tools provided by the regulator to the reporting entities (e.g., CTL, DMO, FTF, EDITRAN, ITW, SIF, etc.)
- Resilience and quick comprehension
- Assertiveness and high motivation
- Ability to work in a team and a high degree of decision-making ability
- Ability to present complex issues in an understandable manner, verbally and in writing
- Diligent, independent and pragmatic way of working
- Confident appearance, excellent social competences, hands-on mentality, high level of self-motivation
- Very good written and spoken English
- Spanish as mother tongue
- German is optional
What do we offer?
- Independent and diverse work
- An excellent work culture with flat hierarchy in an international, highly motivated team
- Direct cooperation with the decision-makers and participation in shaping the future of Solarisbank, one of the most attractive FinTechs in the industry today
- Remote friendly within Germany and Spain
At Solarisbank, we are committed to nurturing an inclusive environment, where all Solarians feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a diverse workforce that reflects the diversity of our communities. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of colour, ethnicity, religion, sex, origin, disability, marital status, citizenship, or gender identity. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
Information on data processing: