solarisBank is the world’s first banking platform enabling businesses to create custom solutions for their financial needs. The core of the company is a fast and modern technology. With a full EU banking license, we combine agile engineering with the regulatory expertise of a fully licensed bank.
By combining digital focus, tech expertise, and banking experience we enable our partners to offer various digital financial services to their end-consumer. Our Banking Platform is built in a modular way allowing partners to easily integrate through APIs and access a range of solutions, including BKYC, Digital Banking, Cards, Payments, and Lending. We also partner with trusted third parties to offer additional services e.g. FX, KYC.
solarisBank was founded in March 2016 in Berlin receiving full EU Banking License within 9 months of operating. We are now active in 7+ EU countries via passporting of the banking license and reaching over 2 million end-customers via 50+ partners. Following two successful funding rounds, solarisBank received approx. 95m EUR of funding from strategic investors such as Arvato, BBVA, Lakestar, Visa, SBI Group, ABN AMRO and FinLeap.
Our international team of 290+ colleagues combines digital focus, tech expertise, and banking experience. Whether you're a full-stack developer, banker or astronaut, if you're ready to change banking, reach out to us! We love what we do and love our team.
solarisBank is divided in 5 business units, each of them responsible for one slice of the overall product offering and into horizontal teams that work on cross-cutting topics. One of those cross-cutting teams is the Finance team, which is the backbone of the bank and includes Accounting, Financial Reporting and Regulatory Reporting.
Our Perfect Match
We are looking for a highly motivated and reliable working student with strong interest in our business and ideally with a good knowledge of accounting to join us alongside their studies. You should be able to communicate and write in English and be strong in the use of MS Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint). It would be a bonus if you also have:
- Background in Credit Risk and/or Finance, preferably from studies or previous work experience
- Business Administration or Economics undergraduate and/or graduate degree
- Previous experience in Trade Finance area is highly preferred
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- High detail-orientation
- Strong knowledge of MS Office, Excel in particular
- Basic knowledge in a statistical programming language (R, Python, or similar)
- Ability to work independently, manage your own tasks and be flexible
- Good communication skills, fluent in English (German is a plus)
- Availability of 20 hours a week
- You will be responsible for all related tasks as pertains to the Credit Risk and Trade Finance areas
- You will check risk profiles of trades for adherence to credit and compliance policies
- You will monitor and control credit profile of trade finance portfolio
- You will help further automation of the trade approval process
- You will create and improve excel based reports
- We are a tech company with a banking license and we change banking forever. We combine the best from the digital world with our unique tech-enabled platform banking approach.
- Take a deep breath – and get ready to grow at the speed of light: We're a young company and you can shape our destiny from day one.
- You’ll join a team of experts from tech, entrepreneurship and banking. It's an exclusive combination you'll find in few places other than solarisBank.
- We're growing rapidly – and you will grow with us. We have a true hands-on mentality which creates lots of opportunities for individual growth.
At solarisBank, we are committed to nurture an inclusive environment, where all solarians feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to build a diverse workforce that reflects the diversity of our communicates. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of color, race, religion, sex, origin, disability, marital status, citizenship, or gender identity. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer.